PDA

View Full Version : Dendro with frogspawn in its mouth

Simmy
02-22-2015, 01:46 AM
I just noticed one of my dendros with a piece of frogspawn/hammer in its mouth. Should I leave it or try to pluck it out?

Here's a pic....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jason604
02-22-2015, 01:49 AM
Happens often with my corals when my euphylias release buds. They hate it so I just turkey blast it till it flies off

Slyguy00
02-22-2015, 01:55 AM
Just about lost my prized scoly yesterday from the exact same thing. Careful with that stuff, its a killer, attached to the coral or floating around.

Simmy
02-22-2015, 01:59 AM
I'm curious as to why the dendros doesn't let go of it. Wasn't sure if it was trying to eat it or ??? In anycase I used a baster to blast it out of its mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelman76
02-22-2015, 04:04 AM
Get it out of there , I think this is the cause of a lot of LPS death that seems to happen out of the blue for no apparent reason. One day this Acan , or that Scoly or other LPS that like eat seemed fine and a couple days later died but everything else looks fine. We just didn't happen to see it swallow a piece of euphyllia so had no idea why it died. It's just a theory so who knows , all I know is euphyllia pack a pretty decent sting so I figure it can't be great for any coral that eats a piece

Baker
02-24-2015, 02:46 AM
I would say it's not letting go because it's being stung.