PDA

View Full Version : NEED ADVICE: Cleaning around aquarium

reefaddict29er
02-21-2015, 08:07 AM
Hey guys,

We are doing some renos and cleaning around the house this month. Our living room (where my reef tank is located) has carpet and with a lot of foot traffic and a dog running around all the time the carpet gets dirty.

My question: what is the safest way to clean a large carpet area around my tank without potentially contaminating the water via airborne cleansers. In the other rooms we use an aerosol spray on the carpet. We let it soak for an hour then vaccum. i worry that the spray is obviously not ideal to be using around the tank. I usually just use water and vinegar to clean around my tank, but I can't imagine using water/vinegar on an entire room to properly clean carpeted floors.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

PS: To any mods sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Thanks everyone!

Joe

Myka
02-21-2015, 01:29 PM
When we had carpets I used a carpet shampooer.

hillegom
02-21-2015, 05:56 PM
What about putting a large bag around the tank and stand, tying it off at the bottom. Then run an air pump outside with the hose going into the top of the bag.
That would put positive pressure into the system. Of course, you would use the largest air pump you have, or more than one. Don't use a shop compressor.