PDA

View Full Version : LF: Berghia Nudibranch

F.H
02-19-2015, 04:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I've stupidly let a few aptasia roam free for too long, and now I've noticed that small babies are beginning to pop up all over my tank.

After researching the possible methods, I was trying to use aptasia-x for a while, but it just hasn't quite worked for me this time. It worked before quite effectively, just not this time.

If anyone has some berghia nudi's they're willing to sell locally, I would be ecstatic, it would save the hassle of ordering online.

I'll give it a couple weeks for someone to repond, after which I might try to get a group buy going if anyone else might also be in need of berghias.

Thanks, and enjoy your day.

Fahd.

Sharkbait-huhaha
02-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I've stupidly let a few aptasia roam free for too long, and now I've noticed that small babies are beginning to pop up all over my tank.

After researching the possible methods, I was trying to use aptasia-x for a while, but it just hasn't quite worked for me this time. It worked before quite effectively, just not this time.

If anyone has some berghia nudi's they're willing to sell locally, I would be ecstatic, it would save the hassle of ordering online.

I'll give it a couple weeks for someone to repond, after which I might try to get a group buy going if anyone else might also be in need of berghias.

Thanks, and enjoy your day.

Fahd.

Have you tried a few peppermint shrimps? They eat like pigs and have an appetite for aptasia

F.H
02-19-2015, 05:08 AM
I thought about peppermints, but I've read one too many threads about them not working, or peppermints taking a liking to some softies after they're done with the aptasia.

Some other people suggested that when you get a peppermint, you should not feed the tank, or feed very lightly, so that they work up an appetite. Either way, I think berghia is the safer, and more guaranteed choice.

If nobody has any locally, then I might just go the peppermint route... It'll certainly be cheaper. :mrgreen:

michaelis88
02-19-2015, 09:27 AM
have you thought about using aptasia laser? Im actually getting one very soon, and will let you know the progress if you want.

brittanyk
02-19-2015, 04:42 PM
I've tried the peppermints, they worked great.... Until they found my rbta and frogspawn....

Got rid of them, aptasia is coming back, next try I think will either be midi branch or try my luck with a copperband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monocus
02-20-2015, 02:20 AM
depends on the size of your tank.i put a bannerfish in(not the black mask)and no more aptasia.

F.H
02-20-2015, 05:43 AM
I looked at the lasers, I think that's the most expensive route so far, haha. Although it would be pretty fun to zap those suckers...

I didn't know about the bannerfish, maybe I'll look into that... Although my experiences with them has been that it's really hard to tell apart the coral eating variety from the "reef safe" ones, not sure if I want to risk all my soft, delicious corals...

:snipersm:

rzadun
02-20-2015, 02:06 PM
I used a copper band he worked well but the died. I had hundreds of aphasia and Mojanos. Tried Muriatic acid which worked but was hard on anything it touched . Got two bristle tail file fish. It took about a month but they ate almost all of them. The only ones left are in very tight hard to reach spots where the fish cannot get to them. The filefish are now eating pellet food and have not bothered any corals. I recommend them.

F.H
02-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Hmm,

I think I would rather go with a sure thing, instead of taking a risk with fish. Especially since fish are so hard to catch, and all my live rock is glued together, so it'll make it next to impossible to catch a fish if there's an issue.

At this point I'm considering a group buy for online order of nudibranch, to help dilute the shipping cost. Would anyone be interested in that?

brittanyk
02-22-2015, 10:12 PM
I may go in on it, I hate aptaisia !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk