PDA

View Full Version : Video of feeding some NPS corals

corpusse
02-18-2015, 01:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqjf85k4m8&feature=em-upload_owner

From last night, my wife took this while I gave the dendros, rhizo, sun corals and rock flower anemone as well some mysis. Note the Chromis who lives in the cave by the sun corals knows he often gets a midnight snack. It's been a while since I fed like this as I had a nitrate issue that was a result of a 7.5" tang dying and disappearing not overfeeding.

Myka
02-18-2015, 01:19 PM
Nice looking corals. I love Dendros. :) You don't turn the pumps off when you feed? I do just because then I manage to get more into the corals and less into the water column. You know you can train these corals to feed during the day too right? My fish are all jerks though and steal the food in the day.

corpusse
02-18-2015, 01:24 PM
I turn the main powerheads off but one and the return remains on.

The Dendros are basically open 20 or so hours of the day no training required. They occasionally close but spend most of the daytime open. I remember bringing them home within 5 minutes of being put in the bag they opened up and I knew they were going to be good. Have had a few babies since. The black suncoral stays closed much of the day but it does open for a few hours during the day. It took them a few weeks to settle in. Often I do feed them during daylight hours just to encourage them to stay open.

Myka
02-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Yeah, Dendros are usually pretty good for staying open, though someone was complaining to me recently that he never sees his open, and is having trouble feeding it.