PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used this product

Stirfry
09-17-2004, 04:12 AM
i have had a massive problem with hair algea ever since i stated my tank.
i have used sea hairs and i have also tried tangs and i have also find out that the aldergrove water is very nutrient rich and that is one of my problems and i am now using ro water to try and combat it.
i have been keeping my nitrate down to about 5 ppm and everything else in my tank is quite low my calcium levels are at about 350 and i switched to kalk cuz i heard that it will help with the phosphates and other stuff
i current re-stocking my tank before i had an snowflake eel
and i have now decided to have a friendly tank.
so the inhabitant are listed in my profile below
i have a very light bio-load
but anyways i head about a product called alagone
http://www.algone.com/algone_information.asp
if anyone has used this with any vaired amount of success please let me know

and if anyone has any idea about combating hiar please!!!!!!!!!!! let me know!!!!!!!!!!!1

UnderWorldAquatics
09-17-2004, 05:05 AM
I have used it alot and find it works very very well..... I have been sending it out to alot of other reefers on this board, I carry the larger wholesale sized pouches that treat 125-200 gallons, let me know if you would like some??? I can ship it by canada post it usually takes about 3-4 days to arrive...

Aquattro
09-17-2004, 06:19 AM
I'm one of th elucky guys to get apackage from Kyle. I've been using it 6 hours now and nothing bad has happened :razz:

I'll report back once I see what it does or doesn't do. Did I ever mention I hate algae?

reefhawk
09-17-2004, 09:02 AM
kyle "lent" (gave ) me a pouch when my hair algae was destined to take over the universe about a year ago. Although i like to give credit to the hard working lawnmower blennie and the fox face i bought on someones advice that would fix it, the combination certainly worked. Once i added the algone it seemed to disapear at a greatly increased rate.

IslandReefer
09-17-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm another...user :smile:
MANY THANKS KYLE
4 days for me.
I had the algea down from plague levels by physical removal and put the algone in to clean up and maintain while I am away.
The bubbles and brown fuzz are now at prev. 1 day levels after 4days.
Soooo the algone seems to help so far. When I get back in 2 weeks I should know how well it works. (Hail Mary full of.....)

One thing to note is that most resins (eg algone ) have a limited aborption ability so are better at ridding a tank of slow buildup,maintainence or in the final stages of clean-up IMHO.
Your hair algea definately sounds like it is getting phos. from somewhere...maybe residual from not using RO?Hopefully the source is removed when you swithched to RO and Kalk.
Sooo it may cost you a few packs at first. Kyle told me that 2weeks is usual algone life time, but has extended that to a month or more under lighter use.

Anyway it took over 3mths for me to rid my nano of hair algea (keep chin-up) usingwater changes and physical removal ....helped by whatever 3 hermits and a half doz.snails eat....algone should shorten the time???
PS it seems to help if you keep your alk up tooo

Good Luck

kari
09-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Do you guys figure this could also help with Bryopsis? I can't stand seeing it on my plumbing parts anymore.