PDA

View Full Version : 6 line wrasse and mandrian

shift_47
09-17-2004, 01:11 AM
think i should put a 6 line wrasse in with my mandrian. 110 gall with 250 pounds of rock, do these fish eat good or will he just eat the pods instead.
thanks

Bob I
09-17-2004, 01:15 AM
I don't know about other people, but I had a problem trying to keep a Mandarin, and a Six Line in the same tank. My Six Line did not like the Mandarin so he ripped him up. I finally put them in different tanks. :sad:

AJ_77
09-17-2004, 02:02 AM
The trouble is they compete for the same natural food source, so the stronger of the two might do just as Bob's did, and beat the crap out of the weaker Mandarin. Although 6-lines are way more likely to eat frozen food (mysis), they can still display very wrasse-like behaviour.

It's a gamble, I guess.

shift_47
09-17-2004, 05:16 PM
thank you guys i have one now but he is in the sump, so i wont put him in the main tank. I like my mandrain more, i heard theses fish some times eat the snails that grow on clams. I have so many of them i was hopping that i would eat them.

muck
09-17-2004, 05:54 PM
...i heard theses fish some times eat the snails that grow on clams. I have so many of them i was hopping that i would eat them.
May need some ketchup... :razz: