PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 12 - 24" 1/2" PVC

mr_alberta
09-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Anyone have some they don't want/don't need? I only need a foot...two feet at the most....

Thanks.

StirCrazy
09-16-2004, 11:07 PM
I have some but it doesent do you anygood, if no one local replies it would only be about 3 bucks for a 8 foot lenght from nome depot.

Steve

kuatto
09-17-2004, 02:58 AM
I've got lots of 3/4 if thats any good to you?

mr_alberta
09-17-2004, 03:30 AM
Hi Jim,

I actually have 3/4" stuff already. I just need the 1/2" stuff for the unions I have. Thanks for the offer though.

shotzee
09-17-2004, 06:09 AM
I just bought a 6' piece of 1/2" CPVC, is that what your looking for? If so your welcome to some becasue even though I am re-plumbing my tank I doubt I will need that much.

Rory

StirCrazy
09-17-2004, 12:01 PM
I just bought a 6' piece of 1/2" CPVC, is that what your looking for? If so your welcome to some becasue even though I am re-plumbing my tank I doubt I will need that much.

Rory

just a warning do not use CPVC it is impregnated with chlorine. I was developed to combat the bioslime that develops in PVC piping that carry drinking water in houses. the copper never got this bio slime as the copper is a natural bio stearalent so the answer was to create CPVC which has chlorine to kill the bateria and thus prevent bio slime buildup.

Steve

Dez
09-17-2004, 01:09 PM
I should have some, come over any time, maybe when you return my speed saw..

des

shotzee
09-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Really, I didn't know that about CPVC. I know that it is manufactured using a process that involves using CO2, and results in a product that is more heat-resistant than PVC (and some manufacturers claim it also has an added benefit of resisting bacteria contamination).

Do you really think that the minute amounts potentially released by CPVC over time would stay in the tank long enough (before diffusing out of the water or being removed by the skimmer) to actually have any effects.

Do you have some sources that I could read up a bit more on this topic.

Thanks,
Rory

PrairieReefer
09-18-2004, 09:51 PM
I never knew that either about CPVC. I have used it in my tanks since 1998 without any visible effects. As Rory said if there is chlorine diffusing into the tank, it must be diffusing out of the tank before it has any effent.