PDA

View Full Version : FF: Sea Hare Program (GVRD)

Accordexi
02-13-2015, 04:03 AM
Hey guys I just bought a Sea Hare and he is doing a great job. Unfortunately my tank is only 14 Gallons.

So...
This is what I want to do as a program that everyone can do by Sharing this little guy between our members here on Canreef. (well GVRD area to be exact)

I rather share him with the next guy who needs him then give him back to LFS for credit.

What i want to see is people posting in this topic asking to borrow him.

Example

"Accordexi posted Feb 12 /2015
I need him please

Joeblow posted Feb 12/2015
i could use him after."

so once the sea hare does his job in your tank contact the guy below you and make arrangements to move him into the next persons tank.
so that in the long run we all benefit from him.

"by any means NO ONE is responsible for the death of this little guy or for buying another one "

this is an experiment program free of charge to people that need him.

Thank you for looking and please let me know

Rafal

gregzz4
02-13-2015, 04:18 AM
I wish you luck with your great and generous idea
Hopefully others who haven't had them yet have better luck than I.

I bought a hare that lasted less than a week; urchin munched on it's back and it puked it's guts.
I bought a second hare that lasted a week; started floating around so I helped it back to the LR. Lasted a couple days then settled on the sand long enough to remove it ... pew it was definitely expired.

My bad luck with them. Hope others have better :biggrin:

Tigger
02-13-2015, 01:51 PM
What a great idea. I was going to buy one to get rid of some hair algea, but I was hesitant since I felt it would starve after he was done since I don't think I have enough to support him long term. I could use a sea hair for a bit. Where in coq are you?

Accordexi
02-13-2015, 01:54 PM
What a great idea. I was going to buy one to get rid of some hair algea, but I was hesitant since I felt it would starve after he was done since I don't think I have enough to support him long term. I could use a sea hair for a bit. Where in coq are you?
By ikea
He just started munching on my algea so hopefully by Monday or Tuesday he should be done.

Accordexi
02-22-2015, 06:46 PM
The sea hare is ready to go to its new home.

Tigger if you want him please pm me. Thx.