PDA

View Full Version : pesky flatworms!

Silverfish
10-20-2001, 11:34 AM
Hey reefers, I have a question. I have those pesky little brown flatworms in my 60g 15g 30g sump system. I don't want to try chemicals if I can help it and siphoning them is working ok but I was wondering if anybody had thoughts on mandarins or wrasses. I heard that the eight line wrasse may eat flatties a little more than six lines. Are the eight line wrasses hard to come by? I also have lots of pods and such in my system but I don't know if I want to risk a mandarin, they are just too cool. I actually don't have any fish in my 60g display right now, just 2 cleaner shrimp, a brittle star, tigger tail cuke, bunch o snails, 1 emerald crab(maybe 2),and a citron goby and a maroon clown in the 15g. I know there has been a lot of discussion on flatworms lately. Thanks for any input or advice, Bruce. ps, any good fish info sites out there?

George
10-20-2001, 01:14 PM
Can't help you with your flatworm problem. But here is a great site with a lot of information regarding fish: http://www.fishbase.org/home.htm

HTH
George

DJ88
10-20-2001, 01:26 PM
Bruce.. Since you dont have much in the tanks right now.. Stop feeding.. period.. maybe a bit for the SPS.. cut it back as much as you can. Well Don't STOP completely.. cut it back.. you know I only feed once every four days or so..

Other than chemicals that is the only sure fire way.. and even then chemicals aren't 100% guaranteed...

If I feed the fish in my tank the numbers grow.. Endless cycle.. A vicious one..

Try going on Reefcentral and doing a search on eight lnes.. That is your best bet to find out about the fish you are interested in. Unless you really want the fish and/or know your tank can support it. Don't get it.. I have always wanted a Six line so he is in there now.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Getting fat too. Not sure if it is eating the flatworms.. but.. Still looks cool.

Good call on the mandrin.. but you know my stance on those.. lol..

[ 20 October 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]