PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race in Calgary!

spikehs
09-15-2004, 06:19 AM
Not sure if anyone watches the show, but for the finally they are comming through Calgary! Looks like they are doing something at COP in the winter... Should be interesting to watch.

Delphinus
09-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Far out.

I was watching a bit of "Tom Stone" last night on CBC after the hockey game. It's kinda too bad that show didn't last, I kinda liked it. It was really weird seeing bits of Calgary on a TV show. Last night they were in a boat yard, and I'm like. .. hey I know those boats ... oh it's Glenmore Boats! Another episode, the "bad guy" they were chasing lived on the Elbow river and again it was like .. hey wait a minute ... that's my old neighbours house (I lived in the house next door). Maybe this sort of thing is old hat for Vancouverites and Torontonians who have TV series set in their cities all the time.

Anyhow I haven't caught too much of the Amazing Race but the few episodes that I have seen, I've liked. I'm not normally into this reality TV thing but it was sort of neat to see all these far off places and people trying to deal with getting to point-A to point-B and at times getting somewhat creative because they've run out of cash ...