PDA

View Full Version : Opening day

DOO-E
09-15-2004, 05:09 AM
Is it just me or is anyone else going to be out tomorrow (wednesday) for the opening day of Partridge season. What are you using for a gun and dog. Personaly i am using my remingtion 1100 12 gauge autoloader with my pride and joy bailey (Irish Setter)

Quinn
09-15-2004, 05:50 AM
Are there a lot of partridges down in these parts? No such thing where I come from. Not into hunting myself, don't see the fun in it. I've also been informed there are some sort of small antelope here, which is neat, apparently it's my school mascot. And rattlesnakes. And I found a big black cricket in my bathroom. A myriad of new fauna in my new home.

AJ_77
09-15-2004, 01:20 PM
A myriad of new fauna...

It was worth it just to read that...

:mrgreen:

DOO-E
09-15-2004, 01:38 PM
O ya tons of partiridge and phesant. I like hunting because it is about the only time i can spend with my dad. Besides bird hunting is different than deer hunting. Some people shoot from a truck for thier deer. With bird hunting you could walk 8 miles not see one bird. Then when the dog points and the bird flushes, you take your shot. If you miss you might have to walk another 8 miles in the direction you just come for that bird. Even worse is when you wing a Phesant. Then you have to shoot the thing on the ground which isnt easy. :confused: I love it. Any way to anybody going out Good Luck and shoot safe.