PDA

View Full Version : Help with new tank.

skabooya
01-29-2015, 07:42 PM
So, hubby wants to get me a larger tank to put in the living room if I get rid of some of my other tanks. :) OKAY!
The large tank will be saltwater. He says 55-60 gals (he will choose). Not LARGE I agree but for our house it is big.

I will use the lights I currently have on my other SW tank (that one will be shut down and moved into the larger one) (4x 39 watt T5 HO)

Corals I currently have: frogspawn, dendro, candycane, various mushrooms, zoas, duncan, green sinularia, kenya tree.

Fish and inverts: 2 false percula clowns, blue hermits, mexican hermits, serpent star.

Larger tank means more stuff.

Skimmer recommendations? Mine will be too small. There will be no sump so it needs to be a HOB.

Fish recommendations?

Fish my family likes: clownfish, coral beauty dwarf angelfish, yellow tail blue damsels, six line wrasse, bicolour dottyback or royal gramma, blue reef chromis,

Basically all the colourful ones lol. I have had a coral beauty dwarf angel before and it was beautiful and great. My hubby still talks about it.

Shrimp would be really cool too but I have never had any luck with them and if I get a wrasse then it may have an expensive snack.

Help with planning please ?