PDA

View Full Version : Tips on using fijicrete underwater

jason604
01-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Hi I'm having some difficulties trying to fijicrete rockwork that's already in my tank. I mixed a generous amount of fijicrete n apply it to my rock that's outside of the tank first. Then as soon as I try to attach it to my rocks inside the tank it dissolves instantly in my tank water. Tried attaching 2 pieces of small rock outside tank n it's also rly hard n keeps falling apart. Any tips? I use very lil water while mixing the Crete to give it a thick consistantcy

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-27-2015, 09:49 PM
Its always best to mix it in very small batches for every part needed as it will harden fast.
For doing it under water, 1st shut off all running pumps, have your rock work the way you want it and make sure to know exsactly where you are placing the FijiCrete.
Now for mixing FijiCrete very little water mix fast to the consistency of almost thick putty, turn it into a ball shape as it really shouldn't stick to your hands then slowly squish it into the spot that its needed (don't start to play with it) and 10 minutes later turn pumps back online.
Don't start to poke at it(something I have done in the past:biggrin:) as the 1st layer might dissolve but it will be there for good holding the rock-work in place.
if the pumps are hitting right against the FijiCrete then make sure that specific pump is off line for a little longer than 10 minutes.

jason604
01-27-2015, 10:01 PM
Thx Eli I will try this! I did have my lumps on. I saw u will b sponsoring the next frag meet. Will u be having any nice tonga branches availble there?

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Thx Eli I will try this! I did have my lumps on. I saw u will b sponsoring the next frag meet. Will u be having any nice tonga branches availble there?

I will be sending a mix of all the rock.:biggrin:

monocus
01-27-2015, 10:19 PM
will you be bringing any fijicrete to the frag swap

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-27-2015, 10:26 PM
will you be bringing any fijicrete to the frag swap

Yes we will.