PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please identify this shrimp?

reefaddict29er
01-27-2015, 06:59 AM
Hi,

Can someone please identify this clear shrimp?

Sorry about the grainy pic (I also don't know why the pic keeps getting uploaded sideways?)

Thanks

kien
01-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Looks like some variety of glass anemone shrimp. Not sure which one exactly as there are so many.

reefaddict29er
01-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Looks like some variety of glass anemone shrimp. Not sure which one exactly as there are so many.
Thanks Kien! i think youre right about the glass anemone shrimp.

btw...your 150g setup looks great. just looked thru your tank setup journal. very impressive!

TimT
01-27-2015, 07:56 PM
It looks like a type of Stenopus shrimp... related to coral banded. Same body structure.

Cheers,
Tim

reefaddict29er
01-27-2015, 09:07 PM
It looks like a type of Stenopus shrimp... related to coral banded. Same body structure.

Cheers,
Tim
Thanks for the info Tim,

Hmmm...I just googled stenopus shrimp and it does seem to share the body shape more so than a glass anemone shrimp. Any idea what it's called? Coral banded shrimp seems to be the only stenopus that I can find info on (which I don't believe the case since it lacks the red bands on its body)

Thanks,

Joe

TimT
01-27-2015, 10:51 PM
There are several different types of Coral Banded Shrimp. I did notice some typical colouration in the pic... the purplish areas around some joints. Don't know why it's translucent.

Cheers,
Tim