PDA

View Full Version : Which LED fixtures should I get

jason604
01-23-2015, 07:11 AM
So my new in wall tank is up and rdy just missing lights. I'm debating between these 2 fixtures and I would need 2 lights for my 5ft mixed reef. Mainly I'm going to have just sps and LPS n a few zoas. Both lights are full spectrum. One is 120 deg optics and other is 90deg optics. Don't know of the optic range would matter or not

First is these from ebay

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=191037175723&category=46314&pm=1&ds=0&t=1421746878113#&panel1-11

And then there's these from reef radiance

http://reefradiance.com/dm-165m.html

They are double the price of the ebay ones and using same LEDs

Doug
01-23-2015, 12:54 PM
They look similar to the Evergrow fixtures Reef Supply carries. I had the 2080 version. Very nice light.

Craigdillman
01-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Evergrow are the best cheap leds money can buy most others are not used enough for people to give a good review

jason604
01-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Evergrow are the best cheap leds money can buy most others are not used enough for people to give a good review

I've read that the evergrows r pretty much same as the ebay ones and it's just double the price because it's from a retailer and eBay is from the supplier

The Guy
01-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Not really the same, E-bay ones "dimmable" Evergrow ones "programmable" there is a difference.

jason604
01-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Isn't being programmable to ramp up and down just for aesthetics n not so much for growth/color?

canadianbudz604
01-23-2015, 11:34 PM
The ebay lights can be programable too, and they are almost exactly the same. If you aren't worried about sunrise sunset 80% here 20% there there's nothing wrong with the ebay lights. One thing make sure the leds are rebel or bridgelux

GoFish
01-23-2015, 11:59 PM
From what I understand with the units that have dimmer knobs is you have one intensity all day and night don't you? And then they go off. I enjoy tinkering with the programming feature on the Evergrow from time to time, it's digital so you know exactly what percent you're at for each channel. at 1130 pm the lights are programmed so just the blues and UVs are on so everything fluorescent glows and my house isn't flooded with intense tank lighting anymore. At midnight the moonlights come on and it's just subtle. Same thing in the morning, slow ramp up

The sun changes intenesity on corals throughout the day, so why not have lights that do the same.... If price is a factor then that looks like a pretty big difference! So guess just depends on how much you'd like to spend.

jason604
01-24-2015, 01:11 AM
From what I understand with the units that have dimmer knobs is you have one intensity all day and night don't you? And then they go off. I enjoy tinkering with the programming feature on the Evergrow from time to time, it's digital so you know exactly what percent you're at for each channel. at 1130 pm the lights are programmed so just the blues and UVs are on so everything fluorescent glows and my house isn't flooded with intense tank lighting anymore. At midnight the moonlights come on and it's just subtle. Same thing in the morning, slow ramp up

The sun changes intenesity on corals throughout the day, so why not have lights that do the same.... If price is a factor then that looks like a pretty big difference! So guess just depends on how much you'd like to spend.

Hmm I guess I'll just fork over the few extra bills n get the programmable then if it does promote better coral color n growth. Was thinking y pay more if not needed. Might as well now since I already spent so much on my new in wall system. For the ever grow only the IT series can be programmed right? Do I need anything else to program them like apex or is there wifi app n such?

Myka
01-24-2015, 01:14 AM
You will get a lot of color separation with those fixtures. Personally, I wouldn't run "cheap" LEDs. I would prefer to run T5s. Even AI Sols compared to AI Hydra are just no comparison (in long-term coral color). I have seen the eBay ones over a tank and was not impressed.

GoFish
01-24-2015, 01:44 AM
Ping pong balls :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/9oicTFB.jpg

jason604
01-24-2015, 03:05 AM
Ping pong balls :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/9oicTFB.jpg

Lol what kind of lights r those?

GoFish
01-24-2015, 04:35 AM
Evergrow It2060. The lenses (optics) were removed and I cut ping pong balls in half and siliconed them over each LED. They used to be too bright to keep chalices but now there's nothing I can't grow
http://i.imgur.com/tVyptI9.jpg

ipad pictures so they look very blue.... this is just moonlights

jason604
01-24-2015, 05:38 AM
Give u points for creativity lol. 90deg optics r better for sps right? Or should I go with 120s

DSlater
01-24-2015, 05:20 PM
I picked up one of these Chinese "Bridgelux" dimmable LED fixtures 2 years ago. I would say the colour is poor at best. Does not compare to the MH I ran on my other tank or the T5 fixtures I've seen. Also read on other forms that Bridgelux does not produce a 3w led, these are just rebadged. FWIW
Can't say if the quality has improved over this time.

The plus side is that it's pretty much silent and has been trouble free since day one.(knock on wood)

mihaivapler
01-24-2015, 05:22 PM
I run 2 everegrow lights and a kessil A350w over my 6 foot tank.kessil is not doing to we'll for sps,it's super for lps,for sps I have the evergrow light's running at 50% oj both channels and the color is really nice and they grow fast under this lights.

garwood
01-24-2015, 06:29 PM
i have the it2080 over a 3' x 2' tank and its AMAZING! especially for the price

jason604
01-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Ok so I decided on the reef radiance DM-165P+. It's fully programmable via iPhone and has tons of great reviews on many forums. It's 120 deg lens so I will only need 2 fixtures to lit my 5ft tank with sps dominate. Currently has promo for 2fixtures for about $500 which isn't too bad.
http://reefradiance.com/dm-165p1.html

GoFish
01-24-2015, 08:03 PM
Ok so I decided on the reef radiance DM-165P+. It's fully programmable via iPhone and has tons of great reviews on many forums. It's 120 deg lens so I will only need 2 fixtures to lit my 5ft tank with sps dominate. Currently has promo for 2fixtures for about $500 which isn't too bad.
http://reefradiance.com/dm-165p1.html
Nice find! So it looks like it has manual control knobs and no screen, so you need to use the app for programming? 48 time intensity changes which are in par with Evergrow, but having an additional 24 slots for the moonlights is a nice feature.

Have you placed an order yet? Is it in US dollars? (something To really keep an eye on these days). I'd like to know after shipping price to your door for 2 fixtures in CAD when you figure it out :)

jason604
01-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Just pulled the plug $478 American is just shy of $600 canadian. Holy crap exchange rate!!! I used my American visa so I'm gonna wait till exchange rate gets a lil better before I pay my visa. I believe they are offering free shipping at he moment till tomorrow and free 120 deg optics upgrade.

Madreefer
01-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Well I hope those lights work out for you.
Switching to LED is quite a learning curve. A lot of people get frustrated or pist off and end up switching back. You can pick up a pair of used Radions or AIs which both have good names and are used a lot by people for that price. Having others with the same lights is better as you can get help with settings and what not. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but if your looking for awesome color out of your SPS going to LED is the wrong direction to take. Just an opinion from someone who's been running LEDs for a few years now.

jason604
01-26-2015, 05:10 AM
Well I hope those lights work out for you.
Switching to LED is quite a learning curve. A lot of people get frustrated or pist off and end up switching back. You can pick up a pair of used Radions or AIs which both have good names and are used a lot by people for that price. Having others with the same lights is better as you can get help with settings and what not. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but if your looking for awesome color out of your SPS going to LED is the wrong direction to take. Just an opinion from someone who's been running LEDs for a few years now.

Too late already pulled the plug. Reviews on these lights r very promising. Many ppl who used AI Sol switched over to them n had improvements. I've been using leds from day 1 n love them for their low maintenance( no bulb change) n virtually no heat gained in my tank.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-26-2015, 06:14 AM
BTW, the proper term is "pulled the trigger", if you mean have already purchased it.

"Pulled the plug" means you stopped the transaction before it went through.

I think this is why there is some confusion over whether you bought it already or not.

Anthony

jason604
01-26-2015, 07:19 AM
BTW, the proper term is "pulled the trigger", if you mean have already purchased it.

"Pulled the plug" means you stopped the transaction before it went through.

I think this is why there is some confusion over whether you bought it already or not.

Anthony

HAHa omg I didn't even realize I was typing plug. Must b the fob in me

jason604
02-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Ok this is just stupid. Been almost 3 weeks and they still havnt ev n shipped out my lights yet and stopped replying my emails. Checked other forums n there are TONS of other angry customers complaining about how long it took for them to ship n how rude they r to customers. Website even says dont contact them until it's been 15 business days since order. What kind of company says don't bother contacting them till that long? Some guy didn't even get his lights till 50 days after. Reef radiance is a small family owned company in usa n not China so I expected much more. Srsly thinking of just gettong PayPal to refund me the money n get something elsewhere.

Chowder
02-13-2015, 04:58 PM
It might be time to pull the plug!

gobytron
02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
It might be time to pull the plug!

:lol:

I don't think this is too uncommon for this kind of vendor.

They have your money...best to just be patient.

The Guy
02-13-2015, 08:06 PM
What the heck ever happened to "GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE" this is why I won't deal with these vendors ever. :doh:

GoFish
02-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Were you getting this shipped to a U.S. address? I was just checking the website and it says 1-2 weeks within the U.S.. Could be delayed in Canada customs, not uncommon. Especially with Chinese New year coming

jason604
02-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Ok just got my money refunded!! What a waste of time!!! Now back to the search of finding some great lights. N yes I was predicting the future when I said I'm pulling the plug =P. Yes I was using U.S address. It's the fact they don't reply to ur emails that really ****es me off. Tons of super angry ppl on reef central. Mostly ppl who called then on the phone even got hanged up on when they ask why it's not shipped out yet.

rishu_pepper
02-13-2015, 08:32 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the company, I almost ordered from them too before I went another route.

What lights are you planning to get for your tank now?

The Guy
02-13-2015, 08:40 PM
What the heck ever happened to "GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE" this is why I won't deal with these vendors ever. :doh:

I rest my case! "They hang up on you when you ask why the lights are not shipped". :wink:

jason604
02-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the company, I almost ordered from them too before I went another route.

What lights are you planning to get for your tank now?

Picking up two gen 1 radions. Should be much better lights aways =)

The Guy
02-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Nice choice!

rishu_pepper
02-13-2015, 08:46 PM

Nice, so it was you who snatched the deal this morning, eh? :wink: Well done, sir, that's a smashing good deal.

jason604
02-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Haha yup it was me. Don't no much about radions do I need to buy anything else to make it programmable via iPhone? And what's this TIR lens ppl taking about I think I need to get those right? Also read you can upgrade from gen1 to gen3 if u send it back to the Manufacturer for $$ of course?

rishu_pepper
02-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Haha yup it was me. Don't no much about radions do I need to buy anything else to make it programmable via iPhone? And what's this TIR lens ppl taking about I think I need to get those right? Also read you can upgrade from gen1 to gen3 if u send it back to the Manufacturer for $$ of course?

I don't know much about G1 Radions but they do have less output than G2/G3. Not sure if it's worth the money to upgrade the pucks.

Check out a Reeflink: http://ecotechmarine.com/products/reeflink
Especially good if you use any Vortech pumps to go along with your Radions.

Cheers.

jason604
02-13-2015, 09:59 PM
Man I can't emphasis more on how rude reef radiance is. Didn't read their remark when they refunded my money on PayPal. Said they refunded my money to take my business elsewhere and will be responding to my my forums post shorty and to feel free to continue with posting my incorrect claims... What kind of customer service is this? I waited very patiently for them to return emails which is always 1 week after and never gives me update. How are these ppl still in business? Doesn't matter how good UR product is if u fail customer service so will UR small company.

rishu_pepper
02-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Man I can't emphasis more on how rude reef radiance is. Didn't read their remark when they refunded my money on PayPal. Said they refunded my money to take my business elsewhere and will be responding to my my forums post shorty and to feel free to continue with posting my incorrect claims... What kind of customer service is this? I waited very patiently for them to return emails which is always 1 week after and never gives me update. How are these ppl still in business? Doesn't matter how good UR product is if u fail customer service so will UR small company.

That's quite lame. Well, just think of it as water under the bridge.

Silver lining is, you got yourselves a couple of awesome lights at an awesome price which will outperform/outlast/out-value those LEDs, so your tank will thank you for it in the long run, not to mention your wallet :wink:

jason604
02-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Haha that's a good way of thinking it

Aquattro
02-14-2015, 01:00 AM
and will be responding to my my forums post shorty and to feel free to continue with posting my incorrect claims...

Guy named Rick? Just signed up. If it gets out of hand, I'ma gonna whack somebody :)

WarDog
02-14-2015, 01:17 AM
Guy named Rick? Just signed up. If it gets out of hand, I'ma gonna whack somebody :)

This is why I love Canreef more than any other forum!

Ram3500
02-14-2015, 01:18 AM
Friday night entertainment this could get interesting :popcorn:

jason604
02-14-2015, 01:24 AM
Should b interesting haha

kien
02-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Don't mind me. Just here for the fireworks.

:pop2:

lockrookie
02-15-2015, 03:47 AM
Fyi for your soon to be radions you can get a reeflink for iPhone programming makes life so much easier but not needed right away

Be sure to update the firmware on both radions just to be sure up to date

As for upgrading the pucks regretfully you have to send the gen 1 away to ecotech to do so. In my opinion not worth it unless you have back up lights. But as they are they are great and I wouldn't worry about it too much. Spend the money on a reeflink maybe the tir lens for wider light spread and enjoy

As for the other company don't dwell you have the better light I'm very happy with my 4 radions. Will most likely be the last lights I own.

jason604
02-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Ya a couple ppl been telling me not to upgrade my radions. What are notible differences between g1 and G3 anyways? Yes I am currently looking for TIR lenses and a reef link. So without reeflink I can't program my lights at all? Lights should be here by next week

Fyi for your soon to be radions you can get a reeflink for iPhone programming makes life so much easier but not needed right away

Be sure to update the firmware on both radions just to be sure up to date

As for upgrading the pucks regretfully you have to send the gen 1 away to ecotech to do so. In my opinion not worth it unless you have back up lights. But as they are they are great and I wouldn't worry about it too much. Spend the money on a reeflink maybe the tir lens for wider light spread and enjoy

As for the other company don't dwell you have the better light I'm very happy with my 4 radions. Will most likely be the last lights I own.

lockrookie
02-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Yes you can program them via pc as for the differences I couldn't tell you the specifics all I can tell you is your gonna love them

jason604
02-16-2015, 12:33 AM
Thx! Man didn't no the TIR lenses upgrade kit is so cheap. Only 35$ on reefsupplies. They have 2 kinds. I should be getting the 120 deg lenses for my 5 ft tank correct? Since my tank is pretty shallow(20" I think)

REEFER RICK
02-18-2015, 04:34 AM

Dear Hoang,

This last statement - like your entire thread is just not true. I was very polite to you when I refunded your money. Here is the exact email I sent you:

Hoang,

I just refunded your payment in full.

I think this is best for all parties involved.

I will be responding to your inaccurate forum claims shortly.

Rick

Rather different than above isn't it? I didn't tell you to take your business elsewhere - did I? Or did I say to continue to post your incorrect claims? I said neither - and this is just the beginning of your very altered story of what happened.

It is very interesting to me to read your posts and see how you have pretty much not portrayed anything accurately. You just wrote " okay just got my money refunded " like you asked for it. The truth ( which seems to be missing from your posts entirely) is that you did not ask for a refund - I chose after dealing with you to just refund you. If you contest this - please provide any email where you asked for a refund. Not going to happen as you did not. I chose after talking to our team to refund you - rather than deal with you. You started this transaction by trying to purchase the products for the US price when it states very clearly that we charge more for Canada.

Here is what you wrote " Hi rick I made the purchase from UR website on sat for two DM 165 P+. It showed that there was free shipping. I did not receive any confirmation from you that I have made the purchase only pay pals confirmation that I paid. How long does shipping take? " Well it shows on the page that you purchased them from the following:

DUE TO INCREDIBLE DEMAND FOR THIS LIGHT - IT TAKES 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS TO SHIP!

REEF RADIANCE NOW SHIPS TO ALASKA AND HAWAII AND CANADA AND MEXICO!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PRICE ON WHAT IT WOULD COST TO SHIP ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS TO YOU IN ALASKA OR HAWAII - OR TO CANADA OR MEXICO - JUST GO TO THE CONTACT US PAGE AND SEND US WHAT PRODUCT OR PRODUCTS YOU WOULD LIKE AND YOUR ADDRESS AND WE WILL SEND YOU WHAT YOUR TOTAL SHIPPING WILL BE. WE DO NOT QUOTE COSTS FOR DUTIES OR TAXES AS THIS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON RECEIVING THE PRODUCTS.

I guess you missed all that.

It says 10 - 14 business days which would have been February 13th.

However your first post to this forum talking about how awful our customer service was was on the 12th. We responded to every one of your emails in very short order. In fact it took us 4 days emailing you to sort out that you agreed to pay the extra shipping to Canada that is clearly indicated right on the site where you paid.

Here is your email to us on the 26th - two days after you paid:

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 9:51 PM
To: rick@reefradiance.com
Subject: Re: New Form Entry: CONTACT US

Yes check. My address is "edited" vancouver bc Canada. Let me no the cost. How long does it take for u to send out and should I be expecting a confirmation email about my purchase. It did not ask for shipping when I paid via PayPal. If price is too high for shipping I can give u a American PO box n I can cross the border to pick up.

This was on the 26th and we took two more days to get you a cost - so this added 4 more days.

Convenient how you forgot to post this in your rant.

You mention that it is outrageous that we don't respond to our customers requests for updates for the 14th days. Actually we post very clearly on our site the following - once again clearly stated on our site:

WE DO NOT RESPOND TO PRODUCT STATUS REQUESTS IF THE PRODUCT IS STILL WITHIN THE SHIPPING TIME FRAME INDICATED ON OUR SITE - THIS ENABLES US TO KEEP OUR COSTS DOWN AND KEEP PROVIDING AMAZING PRODUCTS AT INCREDIBLE PRICES. If your order hasn't arrived after this time, please complete the form below to request a status update on your order. Please fill out every line as we cannot track your purchase if we do not have all the information. Thank you for your understanding - we appreciate your business!

What we do - and don't do is clearly spelled out on our website - I guess you missed that as well.

And frankly when I read comments like " tons " of people are angry - etc etc - who uses terms like that? If you go to the forums - we have a 98% percent satisfaction rating with our customers. Clearly facts and you do not have a very clear relationship.

By the way I did hang up on a customer - he would not - under any circumstance let me speak at all - so I told him I could not help him if he did not let me speak and he refused to so I did just that. And you know what - he called back 16 times in a row .................. non-stop. If you think that speaks to a normal person - then I cant help you.

If you read the forums - the incredible majority of forums members are good and loyal and happy customers.

We sell the best lights at the best prices and have for 5 years and will for the next 5.

If you are wondering how I found your post in a small forum in Canada - here is what one of your fellow forum members sent me:

" The kid seems like a douche so thought his point of view on what's happened between you two was probably unjust... "

hmmmm..... I guess not everyone bought your story...........

That is how I found out about your wildly inaccurate posts:

Hoang - the reality is - you tried to sneak an order to Canada for the same cost and we caught you and then you agreed to pay like everyone else does and didn't read anything on our site that explained in detail all the terms and conditions of a purchase - you just wanted your stuff NOW!

And we processed your order like all the other hundreds of other customers who did read what we wrote - and patiently waited for their lights.

And you got angry because you did not want to wait anymore and had to post how awful we are portray how you were the injured party when actually we bent over backward to help you with your shipping confusion and did every single thing listed on our site - exactly as it was written.

You wanted the lights at the great price - but you were not willing to follow the simple rules to get them.

And I decided - if you were that difficult before we even shipped your lights - how awful would it be if - God forbid - you had a service issue.

So I refunded you.

So this goes to you and all the people who posted agreement with you on this thread without taking the time to verify any part of it - perhaps you might have taken a moment to verify any of this - before you jumped on the band wagon?

Really - would that not have been the right thing to do?

My name is Rick Schott - I am the founder of Reef Radiance - and I would welcome any input from anyone on this forum to my email at rick@reefradiance.com.

Lastly - in case any one cares - why I spent so much time responding to this one thread way up in Canada - it is because I did two Ironman Triathlon in BC and love your country and absolutely love the Canadian people - I know factually that Hoang is not reflected of these great people at all.

Sincerely,

Rick Schott

Aquattro
02-18-2015, 05:31 AM
Rick, thank you for your professional response.

jason604
02-18-2015, 06:19 AM
This is the email i sent ur wife.. it seems fair and i did not get an email back for a few days until i made that forum post.

Maureen,

it's been 3 weeks. How come my lights are still not shipped out yet? I need an update atleast. Do u have them in stock? My tank can't wait any longer. I've also read on forums that ur iPhone app doesn't work so I won't even be able to use my lights once it comes? Please reply asap. I'm going to give it till Friday if I don't hear back I will just get PayPal to reverse the transaction. I hope u understand my frustration.

Thanks

This is what u wrote on the paypal refund instead of trying to keep a customer and many more they could bring in which every business would do. Instead you u sent me this with a refund right away after i posted on forum.

Reef Radiance
rick@ricksdiet.com
http://www.ricksdiet.com
Note from merchant
DEAR HOANG, I JUST REFUNDED YOUR PAYMENT IN FULL. THIS WILL ENABLE TO PURCHASE ELSEWHERE - SOMETHING WE BOTH WANT AT THIS POINT. I WILL BE RESPONDING TO YOUR FORUMS POSTS SHORTLY - SO FEEL FREE TO CONTINUE TO POST INACURATE CLAIMS. RICK

Would that not mean to take my business elsewhere? and in all caps. Do a quick google search and there are threads on almost every reefing forums about your customer service skill.

Also when i said i needs my lights soon i was told to see the loaner lights program. Why would i want to get lights loan when i just paid for ones? All i really wanted was just an update on why they have not been shipped yet and i was not given one in 3 weeks. It could just be like oh we are behind in stock.. then i would be fine with that and that should be made aware to possible buyers on your site as backordered

Ram3500
02-18-2015, 06:57 AM
http://http://i.imgur.com/agJIP.gif

jason604
02-18-2015, 07:12 AM
http://http://i.imgur.com/agJIP.gif

LOOL!

GoFish
02-18-2015, 10:04 PM
:popcorn: How much more popcorn do we have to eat to see an apology, I'm stuffed :wink:

REEFER RICK
02-18-2015, 10:06 PM
This is the email i sent ur wife.. it seems fair and i did not get an email back for a few days until i made that forum post.

Maureen,

it's been 3 weeks. How come my lights are still not shipped out yet? I need an update atleast. Do u have them in stock? My tank can't wait any longer. I've also read on forums that ur iPhone app doesn't work so I won't even be able to use my lights once it comes? Please reply asap. I'm going to give it till Friday if I don't hear back I will just get PayPal to reverse the transaction. I hope u understand my frustration.

Thanks

This is what u wrote on the paypal refund instead of trying to keep a customer and many more they could bring in which every business would do. Instead you u sent me this with a refund right away after i posted on forum.

Reef Radiance
rick@ricksdiet.com
http://www.ricksdiet.com
Note from merchant
DEAR HOANG, I JUST REFUNDED YOUR PAYMENT IN FULL. THIS WILL ENABLE TO PURCHASE ELSEWHERE - SOMETHING WE BOTH WANT AT THIS POINT. I WILL BE RESPONDING TO YOUR FORUMS POSTS SHORTLY - SO FEEL FREE TO CONTINUE TO POST INACURATE CLAIMS. RICK

Would that not mean to take my business elsewhere? and in all caps. Do a quick google search and there are threads on almost every reefing forums about your customer service skill.

Also when i said i needs my lights soon i was told to see the loaner lights program. Why would i want to get lights loan when i just paid for ones? All i really wanted was just an update on why they have not been shipped yet and i was not given one in 3 weeks. It could just be like oh we are behind in stock.. then i would be fine with that and that should be made aware to possible buyers on your site as backordered

Hoang,

I have already addressed your posts and I am done with this. I made my point very clear and - speaking of other peoples opinions - have received direct emails and PMs from others on this site who appreciate my direct and factual approach to this - and frankly - these people hold you and your posts in rather low esteem.

I truly wish you the best of luck in your purchase of lights.

Rick

gobytron
02-18-2015, 10:15 PM
this is your word against theirs and you two were the only parties privy to what really happened.

Hashing it out for all to see does nobody other than those who enjoy the drama any good.

Looks like some miscommunication and some hasty, emotional decision making.

We've all been there.

REEFER RICK
02-18-2015, 10:33 PM
Hi Gobytron,

You are correct and I am done with the posts - at least about this.

Time to move on and go get my hands wet in my aquarium!

Rick

REEFER RICK
02-18-2015, 10:37 PM
I should add that I am more than willing to chat with anyone that needs help with lighting for their aquariums - you don't have to buy ours - just love to talk " aquarium ".

You can email me directly at rick@reefradiance.com.

Keep Reefing!

Rick

kien
02-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Well, I can say that I'm happy to see that there was a satisfactory resolution to this.

As has already been suggested, there is always two sides to every story, so most definitely, thanks Reefer Rick for stepping in to provide your perspective of the events.

I think we can probably say now that this salt water under the proverbial bridge ?

jason604
02-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Yup I'm already past it n happy with my new discision on lights. No need to be flexing our epeen to each other or anyone else. I know ur product is good n price can't rly be beat. Happy reefing n good luck with Ur sales.

Metrontech
02-19-2015, 12:29 AM
Ok so I heard back from Elive the led company

Such great support and very accessible

I have attached a picture of their report that shows how many leds etc. I would need to grow low light corals

This basically tells me that I have to have my coral like 6-8 inch from the light to gain the best growth...

That doesn't work for me

But I imagine I could add another 10 pods to make it a little better. But at $15 a pod for the HO versions it's another $150

Thanks again for all the input and support

Looking forward to my simple T5 6 bulb

Now for my 30 gallon I suppose I could use my old T5 2 lamp? Simply because of the smaller tank?

Just like to put a few things in this smaller tank

GoFish
02-19-2015, 12:40 AM
Well sounds like we can all do some water changes and decide which salt to use next.

Insert credits here
:sleeping: