PDA

View Full Version : New best friends

whaase
09-12-2004, 08:27 PM
I picked up a new clown for my current one. Amazing the size and color difference. Both are false clowns. I've feed my current one Cyclo-Peeze for that past 8 months or so. These were the best shots I could get. They took to each other right away, a few jerks, and general spasms and they were good to go. :biggrin:

http://aquahome.no-ip.com/clowns1.jpg
http://aquahome.no-ip.com/clowns2.jpg

Walter

DiscusZ
09-12-2004, 11:01 PM
nice fish..

Gee some of that stuff in the background looks familar :) Hows that stuiff working for ya>

Jim

whaase
09-12-2004, 11:07 PM
:smile: AC, surface skimmer and the heater and working great!

Walter

andestang
09-12-2004, 11:44 PM
I've feed my current one Cyclo-Peeze for that past 8 months or so.
What color difference ! Your original clown is the darker one ? Been meaning to try some. Trying to find it in frozen form. What are you using, flake, freeze dried or frozen ? They should get along great. One having to be the boss of coarse :rolleyes:
very nice Walter,

whaase
09-12-2004, 11:49 PM
I've feed my current one Cyclo-Peeze for that past 8 months or so.
What color difference ! Your original clown is the darker one ? Been meaning to try some. Trying to find it in frozen form. What are you using, flake, freeze dried or frozen ? They should get along great. One having to be the boss of coarse :rolleyes:
very nice Walter,

Yes, the original one is dark red. It was about the same color as the smaller one when I first got it. I've just been using the flake. That's all it will eat. And yes, the bigger one already made it clear who the boss was. It did it's jig and shaking... friends now and the smaller one will not leave the side of the bigger one.

I really wanted the baby blue tangs they had (about the size of a toonie)at Big Al's :biggrin: But I refrained from it. I'll wait until the new tank is set up. :lol:

Walter

DOO-E
09-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Percs come in different "colours" maybe the ocellaris do also. Or maybe it is the food. Would be cool if they stayed that colour.

Invigor
09-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Walter: what do you have your surface skimmer hooked up to? I had one on my fluval 304 and I got nothin but nasty bubbles out of it. Is there too much flow from my fluval that it's sucking in air?

DEAD_BY_DAWN
09-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Cyclo-Peeze changed the colour of my percs to from a dull orange to a dark almost fire red within a few months of feeding .[/quote]

andestang
09-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Very cool, you will have to get a update pics in a couple of months to compare color change.

Quinn
09-13-2004, 09:09 PM
The contrast of the two fish is quite impressive!

Chin_Lee
09-14-2004, 02:38 AM
Do you guys feed the dry or frozen? If the dry, does the stuff float on the water surface?

kari
09-14-2004, 03:30 AM
Been meaning to try some. Trying to find it in frozen form.

Frozen form was available at Golds recently. Prepare yourself for a huge slab.
Red food = red fish, interesting. I wonder if mine will loose the black side burns.

Bob I
09-14-2004, 03:37 AM
I don't know about that stuff. I have the FD stuff that I throw into my tanks once in awhile to feed my filter feeding critters. The clowns sure go crazy over it. :biggrin:

Willito
09-14-2004, 04:11 AM
Do you guys feed the dry or frozen? If the dry, does the stuff float on the water surface?

I recently started with the freeze-dried and it's best to pre-soak before adding into the tank. This will prevent it from floating on the surface and gives a more even distribution. I've seen both the frozen and freeze-dried, personally if I had to buy again I'd go with the frozen. It's more wholesome. The dried stuff is a little "dusty", the individual cyclopes are broken up.

Gorgeous colors on the clown by the way.

Richer
09-14-2004, 04:19 AM
Given the choice, my clowns prefer cyclop-eeze over mysis shrimp :rolleyes: . If I feed them a mix of the two, they'll completely ignore the mysis and go straight for those little orange particles. I can only hope my clowns will eventually get the coloring that yours has :cool: .

-Richer

andestang
09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Frozen form was available at Golds recently. Prepare yourself for a huge slab.
Kari, yes that seems to be a problem as Wai's had the same thing :confused:

whaase
09-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Walter: what do you have your surface skimmer hooked up to? I had one on my fluval 304 and I got nothin but nasty bubbles out of it. Is there too much flow from my fluval that it's sucking in air?

I have it hooked up to a Aquaclear 300, no bubbles.

Walter

whaase
09-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Given the choice, my clowns prefer cyclop-eeze over mysis shrimp :rolleyes: . If I feed them a mix of the two, they'll completely ignore the mysis and go straight for those little orange particles. I can only hope my clowns will eventually get the coloring that yours has :cool: .

-Richer

All my fish will only touch the Cyclop-eeze sinse i started using it. The only things that like the mysis, are the corals... how long have you been feeding it to them?

Walter

Richer
09-14-2004, 11:22 PM
I've been feeding them cyclopeeze ever since I got them... about 2 weeks ago :mrgreen:

-Richer