PDA

View Full Version : Brings back memories

kuatto
09-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Was going through some papers and found a letter that was written by an eleven year old school girl while my unit was in Afghanistan in 1992.Here is just a small paragrgh,written exactley the way she did;
"Dear Canadian Soldier
He my name is Britteny...I have one cat and one dog and when I finis the faires I will get a spiting lamba to keep the wolfs away.I am ever happy that I am get 4 sheep....."

The letter goes on telling about her sisters names and all of her friends,even when her birthday is :biggrin: Those letters from all the school kids were the best thing,kind of a little peice of sunshine in a barren waiste land.I can't remember how many letters we replied back to(somewhere near 400 or 500)I don't know why I kept the letter,but its something that I'll keep forever :biggrin:

Beverly
09-13-2004, 03:09 AM
Jim,

What a heartwarming story :lilangel: I'm glad you took the time to share it. I didn't know you had been in Afghanistan. It must have been a hellish place at the time for you and the rest of your unit :frown:

I'm glad there were people with you that knew the way home and brought you back with them (inside joke :lol: )

Again, thanks for sharing that heartwarming story :smile: