PDA

View Full Version : banggai spat out eggs, but they are still developing!

spikehs
10-01-2002, 01:28 PM
Hey all,

My banggai spat out his eggs when i tried to catch him, so i scooped out the eggs and put em in a separate tank. This was at the 2 week mark on monday, and has far as i can tell they are still developing. they started off as just pink eggs with eyes, know i can see a pink tail and a more definate head developing. As well the bodies seem to be turning white in spots, i would assume this is there skeleton. i have a link going at http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117428 if anyone is interested.

Canadian Man
10-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Cool Sean!
It's all so exciting eh!

canadawest
10-02-2002, 05:57 AM
I'm curious to see how this turns out. I've never seen Bangaii eggs develop outside my host male, so this is very exciting.

As an aside, my latest brood has just passed the 4 week old mark, and doing very well. Losses have been almost non-existent and I've got around 40 of the cute little suckers getting bigger every week and eating me out of house and home! :D

Ahh, the joys of parenting.

spikehs
10-02-2002, 10:21 AM
wow, thats a big batch, whats the most your male has had?

canadawest
10-03-2002, 04:48 AM
This last brood has been my largest. The adults are getting older, larger and more experienced, thus producing larger and healthier broods.

From what I have heard, my current brood size is about average or slight above average for healthy adult Bangaiis.

titus
10-03-2002, 02:30 PM
Hello,

I can see we have some Bagaii expert pool here now. ;)

Titus

canadawest
10-03-2002, 10:38 PM
Update:

I observed my adult Bangaiis doing their "mating dance" for the first time since I've had them. And guess what comes next... Male is now holding eggs again today!!!

Damn, that means I've only got three more weeks before ANOTHER brood is about to hatch. I was kinda hoping they would wait another couple weeks, but I guess when that "lovin' feeling" arises, it's only natural to act on it?? :rolleyes:

Those interested in getting captive bred Bangaiis please contact me via email to confirm how many you would like. Pickup can be anytime from Oct 23-27. Babies will be just over 7 weeks old by then, and should be 3/4-1" total length. They are already starting to eat frozen mysis, so growth should be very good over the next three weeks.

Message will be posted in For Sale forum as well.

Harald
10-03-2002, 11:02 PM
How much are you going to be selling them for?

canadawest
10-04-2002, 12:36 AM
Harald, all the information you need is included in the Buy/Sale forum post.