PDA

View Full Version : Another disappointment with Reef Supplies

mihaivapler
01-16-2015, 01:26 AM
As the title say i just had another issues with my order from Ray,second order both with problems.i ordered this time a skimmer a heater and a light stand on 29th dec,off course it was the new year after so i did not expect to be shipped very fast,so i checked the status a week later and found out that my order was on hold.i contact Ray which sad that was the new year and the orders are shipped out betwen 3-6 days which i wierd because if you order some expensive stuff is shipped the next day,so he told me that it will be shipped on thursday or friday,this happening on monday, and that he will offer faster shipping for that.i checked back this monday on the order it was the same,on hold,on which Ray told me that he did not received the shippement soon enough on friday to be able to send it and he sent it just because i contact him to complain otherwise who know when i would have it sent to me. he told me that i should check the stock first,funny because that was the first thing to check because i needed them fast and they showed as in stock.and the first order with him was the same ordered a dc 12000 from him waited 2 weeks and nothing contact him and he told me that he does not have it in stock but on the website was showing in stock.i need another pump but i will stay away from him,better of ebay,pay less and the time to get it is the same..so this is my story about how much some vendors are appreciating our business.as an advice for them ,treat us with respect and send our stuff right away,we buy because we need them not to stock up,you guys are in business because of us...

Bugger
01-16-2015, 01:45 AM
Why take this up here? I've ordered from him so many times and I usually get my stuff the next day I will admit that the holiday stuff was slow but it is just because there where so many orders. If he sent you what he had in stock he just coulden't justify making enough money to keep the business. Go Reef couldent and they would double ship and eventually sold the business to Ray

mihaivapler
01-16-2015, 01:49 AM
i don't mind that,but when is out of stock update the website or send me an email and let me know..happened twice exactly the same think.is normal to order from canada something and 2 good weeks later and i still not have my order.

Debra54
01-16-2015, 01:49 AM
I ordered a skimmer from Ray that was on sale Dec 26 on boxing day. I have still not received it and when I ordered it said it was in stock. The money was put on my Visa right away and I phoned him 2 weeks ago and supposedly it is coming in next Thursday and they will ship it out. The problem I have with Reef Supplies is when they don't contact their customers if there are back orders and it should says out of stock on their website. I will not order from them again.

mihaivapler
01-16-2015, 01:53 AM
That's funny..how to offer something on sale if you don't have stock of it.

Riptide
01-16-2015, 02:06 AM
Im still trying to figure out what your trying to sell or buy. This is the Classifieds not the feed back forum on ebay.

mihaivapler
01-16-2015, 02:13 AM
Im still trying to figure out what your trying to sell or buy. This is the Classifieds not the feed back forum on ebay.
don't try to sell anything..the ebay was just to compare the time what it take to get the same stuff from other place..the reason why we buy from canadians vendors is to save time on the shipping,we need the products we order fast not after 3 weeks..i set up my tank already knowing that i will get my stuff soon,after 2 weeks my tank is still without a skimmer and i had to go and buy a heater from my local LFS.i just express my fustration that all..this is not fair to be ignored

FishyFishy!
01-16-2015, 02:29 AM
Totally posted this in the wrong section. I've ordered from Ray a ton, and think his customer service has been awesome. Take it up in the vendor forum. Dont crowd buy and sell with your problems.

mihaivapler
01-16-2015, 02:40 AM
Totally posted this in the wrong section. I've ordered from Ray a ton, and think his customer service has been awesome. Take it up in the vendor forum. Dont crowd buy and sell with your problems.
please move it to the vendor forum.
i don't dissagre with that,i just share my problem what i encounter.ordered first time i got my pump after a long time,i understand that it can happen so i gave another shoot and ordered again from him,the second time same issue.and to be honest i was about to order again after i placed the last order...all he has to do is just update his site or if he receive an order which he does not have in stock just send a quick and simple email letting that person know that he does not have it and not letting his customers to wait to get the order for weeks until a new shippment comes in..

christyf5
01-16-2015, 02:52 AM
it sounds like you've been in contact with Ray, not sure why you are airing this here. I'll leave it in his forum for him to respond. Keep comments civil please.

Treebeard
01-16-2015, 04:17 AM
Chalk it up to a busy time for Ray. I have always been happy with his service.

reefwars
01-16-2015, 04:23 AM
Chalk it up to a busy time for Ray. I have always been happy with his service.

It's a really busy time of year right now for anyone shipping or waiting on shipments , there's a lot of delays and were also feeling it too , happens this time of year every year things getting delayed going right down the chain but things always get back on track quickly :)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2015, 04:23 AM
Same. Got an awesome deal last Christmas and it was shipped as soon as the rush was over.

gregzz4
01-16-2015, 04:34 AM
Ray has always treated me well and I'll keep using his services

No complaints here :smile:

Rice Reef
01-16-2015, 05:07 AM
Ray is great to deal with. He responds in a timely fashion. When a Jebao pump was out of stock he called me personally and offered to upsize at no additional cost. No life threatening concerns here.

Bugger
01-16-2015, 05:09 AM
To be fair it happened to me too. Ray can't remember everything he has in stock. He is human and forgets. The html and css need to be updated but it was the holiday so he was probally to busy to change the code.
Ask Ray if he has a tracking number on the skimmer so you know for sure it is landing when he says it is.

NIVLEM09
01-16-2015, 05:19 AM
I've done business with Ray many times before.i've ordered something from him before that said in stock,but turns out the opposite.he sent me an email the next day to inform me.he's awesome to deal with and I'm sure that he can rectify the problem if you give him time.good luck resolving this issue and I hope it ends up on a good note.

ReEf BoSs
01-16-2015, 05:35 AM
One of the best, if not the best company I've dealt with for online ordering. I ordered from 5 different websites around the boxing week and all were abit slower than normal for shipping.

mihaivapler
01-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Appears that there are happy customers too. I just wanted to expres my frustration about this,ordered twice from him and both times exactly the same thing,got my orders in 2+ weeks and no email whatsoever letting me know that is any issue until I contacted him.on top of that what I really don't appreciate is pointing finger towards me blaming me for not checking if is in stock.it's not cool

Myka
01-16-2015, 01:25 PM
I just wanted to expres my frustration about this,ordered twice from him and both times exactly the same thing,got my orders in 2+ weeks and no email whatsoever letting me know that is any issue until I contacted him.on top of that what I really don't appreciate is pointing finger towards me blaming me for not checking if is in stock.it's not cool

Busy season or not, that sucks. :(

Reef Supplies
01-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Guilty, mihai was indeed delayed and we do apologise for that. We understand that everyone wants their order yesterday but delays at that time of the year are expected.

Your order was placed on Monday, December 29 at 17:15. One of your items was marked as "Availability, 3-6 days" The week of the 29th was the week after boxing day so its safe to say that most of our items were sold out. Hence the "3-6 day Availability". Not only that, we (and the rest of the world) were closed for two days of that week, 31st and the 1st. Things only got back to normal on the following Monday, January 5th.

I wont even get into the fact that we had an order increase of 400% that week. Obviously that's not your problem, it is our problem and up to us the get order out. You must however keep in mind that the 3-6 days does not factor in weekends nor holidays.

On January 5th you emailed us asking why your order was on hold amd why you had been charged. We replied with

"You will notice that some of the items are marked as "3-6 days". The 3-6 days does not include holidays nor weekends. Since last week was New Year's Day, delays have to be expected.

All orders will ship this week either Thursday or Friday.

As for your credit card. It is charged as soon as you made your purchase. Our bank does not know stock levels.

Please let us know if you uneasy about that and we will have account refund your card. If that's the case, you will have to place your order again."

Our mistake was in that reply was telling you that "All orders will ship this week either Thursday or Friday". Unfortunately the holidays played a huge role in shipment arrival times. It arrived Friday, January 9th and arrived to late for us to unbox, sort and ship.

Monday, January 12, your order was shipped and as promised, we upgraded your shipping for free.

Canada Post is stating - 2015/01/16 06:30 CALGARY Item processed at local delivery facility . Your order should arrive today.

As I said in my email, We do not hold orders for spite or because we neglect our clients. If orders are being held, its due to stock issues. No matter how much stock we carry (and believe me when I tell you that we carry a s**t load of stock. Enough to sustain 2 huge retail sites, a brick and mortar store and a wholesale division)., there will always be an order here and there that will be missing an item.

What is important for us is that we notify you. Be it on our website, by email or by phone.

I once again apologise for the unfortunate delays.

Threads like this are important to us. We need to know what you are thinking and feeling in order to better ourselves and to make sure that EVERYONE is satisfied.

Happy reefing,

Ray

Myka
01-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Threads like this are important to us. We need to know what you are thinking and feeling in order to better ourselves and to make sure that EVERYONE is satisfied.

Happy reefing,

Ray

:thumb:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Thank you Ray for your input & explanation.

gobytron
01-16-2015, 05:15 PM
I would be really irritated by this too...especially the second time around.

Then quickly quite happy when the shipping became free.

things happen in commerce, it's all about what steps the party responsible takes to rectify it.

Threads like this are one the main reasons I frequent sites like this for all of my hobbies.

Seriak
01-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Ray has always gone above and beyond when something got screwed up on my order. I don't buy from anywhere else anymore. Too bad he doesn't sell turtle food.

ronau
01-16-2015, 05:45 PM
I usually check on their website first for availability of products and only look elsewhere if they don't carry it or it's out of stock.

Pike
01-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Great customer service and fast shipping no complains from my experience , Ray is cool

acepumping
01-16-2015, 06:07 PM
WOW! Sounds like a+ service to me. Everybody makes mistakes.. it's owning up to it that makes you the better person..

Madreefer
01-16-2015, 07:38 PM
I too have ordered from Ray and no complaints at all. Good service

ongquang21
01-16-2015, 10:34 PM
By reading through all of messages, I feel you guys are still alot luckier than me.
I ordered a skimmer pump from socalltrophicaloutlet on Dec 04 but got not even a hold on the seller. Now I have to contact my Mastercard and PayPal to dispute it, very frustrated! My old pump is one day on, one day off but I'm trapped and unable to order another one.
So be happy with Canadian suppliers. Whatever happen, We still have away to communicate; not as my case.

AdamsB
01-16-2015, 10:39 PM
I've had nothing but great service from Ray. I've ordered probably 10 times. One being for a 4 foot light fixture. His communication is fantastic which is key for me.

mihaivapler
01-17-2015, 01:32 AM
I might be the unlucky one I guess..anyway the reason for me being upset is for the lack of communication. Just let me know what is happening and why my order us jot sent,true reason.the first order I waited 2 weeks for my pump to show up and after complaining he told me that the pump is out of stock and if I remember correctly it was another 3 weeks until he would have it jb stok but I wasn't told about that and in stead I was left to wait.Itwofold be better just to email me let me know the situation and I would pay the difference if another one.he stepped up at that time and he sent me a bigger one for no extra charge what made me to believe it was an isolated situation. But the second time same story.it's a bit frustrating,on Monday when I contacted him he should've told me the reason is because is out of stock and I could switch for another skimmer or whatever wasn't in stock and everything would be ok.and I was expecting some delay but not as much.and the first order wasn't placed during the Christmas time so there was no excuse for that.in the end it seems that he has happy customers too but unfortunately I will not be another one.I like the person I do business to be straight up and honest and if there is an issue it's easier to deal with and does not lead to this situation.