PDA

View Full Version : Dosing Mg

brittanyk
01-14-2015, 03:58 AM
Hi guys,
so since upgrading my 50 to a 90 I found out the hard way (levels got way too low ) that I need to start dosing.

I have had some amazing help and my tank parameters are almost perfect, but I have really low Mg.

Against my "tutors" advice I bought different type of mg supplement that he isn't familiar with.

I'm using brightwell MG. It says I can do a max of 10ml / 20gal per second day for dosing until levels are correct.

Problem is, I dosed it last night.... and tested this AM.... it didn't change at all.
I dosed another time... tested a few hours later and it hasn't changed.

What do I do? Is anyone familiar with this? TIA

iceman86
01-14-2015, 04:13 AM
You need a lot of magnesium to raise your levels. I have a similar size tank and I need about 500ml of kents tech m magnesium to raise it 100ppm per day. Do not exceed 100 ppm per day.

iceman86
01-14-2015, 04:17 AM
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_educationcenter_calculators_reef_chemistry_calc ulator.html

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-14-2015, 04:18 AM
You would be better off adding some "bulk" magnesium to reach the desired levels and then use the Brightwell Mg to maintain levels.

brittanyk
01-14-2015, 05:14 AM
thanks guys!
I just learned the same thing both of you answered me! Thank you so much for the quick responses. I guess theres a trip to JL tomorrow for some bulk stuff lol. Now it makes sense why they suggested the bulk to me haha. Oh well