PDA

View Full Version : Help, will my hammer survive?

Timbits
01-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Hi I have a large wall hammer. Few days ago my clown was stirring up a sandstorm where the hammer was and I think he damaged it. It lost some tissue at one end but the rest of the hammer is opening up fine.

Being a wall hammer will it survive? Or will it slowly die... Really don't wanna lose this piece :(

Thanks

Myka
01-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Use a turkey baster to check that there is no sand between the flesh and the skeleton where it has receded. If it gets sand in there it will continue to recede. Giving it a gentle turkey basting along the receded edges once a day seems to help ime.

Bblinks
01-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Timbit, I would do what myke stated above and if the situation get worse or brown jelly starts to form I usually do an iodine dip to disinfect, that usually will stop the spread and hopefully with time it will heal. Good luck bud.

Tn23
01-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Agreed with Myka and Rich, I would also use superglue to glue the wood from it peeling/spreading any further. This has worked many times for me. Good luck!

mohammadali
01-11-2015, 11:31 PM
i have orange/ brown wall hammmer it had some sand on it from my pistol shrimp but it never had this problem

Timbits
01-20-2015, 09:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice! Looks like it has stopped spreading only a tiny part had died off the rest of the hammer is opening big and puffy :biggrin:

Myka
01-20-2015, 10:37 PM
:clap2: