PDA

View Full Version : I need shirt pockets now

EmilyB
09-20-2002, 02:30 AM
I got my new handheld TDS meter. AND....it has a pocket clip. How cool is that :rolleyes:

chicki
09-20-2002, 02:03 PM
LOL!! what things excite us reefers!!! You'll have to come up to WE mall and check out their water!!! It'll be fun!!LOL

where did you get it?? thinking I might need one of those babies!

Canadian Man
09-20-2002, 02:05 PM
REEF GEEK!!! tongue.gif ;) :D

EmilyB
09-20-2002, 07:50 PM
:D :D

Got it from aquariumpros.ca Lynn. Works slick, I know my RO membrane is okay now, was a little worried because some of the water was a bit on the warm side once........found out the DI was shot tho, I had let it go a bit long.

Tapwater here ran at 1.45.

Samw
09-20-2002, 10:25 PM
I just ordered a hand held TDS meter as well. Getting it from the States.

[ 20 September 2002, 18:34: Message edited by: Sam W ]

canadawest
09-21-2002, 01:04 AM
I've had mine for almost a year now, ever since I bought my RO/DI unit. A great digital tool and makes it easy to tell when it's time to change cartridges and guarantee quality water.

Only problem is mine now needs new batteries, and they are the little round watch type batteries which are usually kinda expensive! :eek:

Does anyone local (Vancouver) know if any LFS has calibration solution, as I'm sure I'll have to re-calibrate the darn thing after the battery change?

Aquattro
09-21-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by canadawest:

Does anyone local (Vancouver) know if any LFS has calibration solution, as I'm sure I'll have to re-calibrate the darn thing after the battery change?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All the hydroponics stores I've been to have it.

canadawest
09-21-2002, 01:20 AM
Great, thanks Brad.

I'm sure I'll have no problem finding a hydroponics shop here in Surrey! LOL :D

BTW.. Why would a hydroponics shop have TDS calibration fluid? What would the application be for a TDS meter in growing plants?

Aquattro
09-21-2002, 01:29 AM
Not sure, but they have lots of different types of TDS meters...and calibration solutions.

EmilyB
09-21-2002, 01:34 AM
I don't know for sure, but I read it was something to do with the fertilization aspect. I'll have to go hunting for that again.

Or you can ask your neighborhood pot grower :D

Samw
09-21-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by canadawest:

Does anyone local (Vancouver) know if any LFS has calibration solution, as I'm sure I'll have to re-calibrate the darn thing after the battery change?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bought a 3pak of calibration fluid with my TDS meter. I'm sure it'll be a while before I use 1 let alone 2 paks. I paid about $15 ($9.99 US) plus shipping. If you don't find any cheaper, I'd be willing to sell a pack for $6 ($5 plus a buck to help with shipping cost).

Skimmerking
09-21-2002, 04:36 AM
SOMETHING About a women and reef tank ...GRUNT grunt ,grunt tongue.gif

[ 20 September 2002, 12:36: Message edited by: asmodeus ]

chicki
09-21-2002, 03:48 PM
Emily, I can't seem to find it on their site?? Could you tell me what type it is and how much it was?? Thanks

Aquattro
09-22-2002, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by chicki:
Emily, I can't seem to find it on their site?? Could you tell me what type it is and how much it was?? Thanks<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://aquariumpros.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=A&Product_Code=HHTM&Category_Code=RA

Samw
09-26-2002, 10:44 PM
My TDS-1 arrived at the Post Office on Monday (But I picked it up today). Got it from here if anyone's interested (I requested delivery by Postal Service rather than UPS to save on the brokerage fee.) :

http://www.h2oinstruments.com/PH_Meters.htm#tdsmeter

billc
09-29-2002, 11:27 AM
These are what we use at work... It is nice to have access to a lab when needed..

http://www.ahti.com/

EmilyB
10-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by EmilyB:

Tapwater here ran at 1.45.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....hmmmmm, make that 145.

I think I may have had some hot water in the sample I took today, I imagine the old hot water tank makes a big difference :confused:

Hey, how come no one caught that glaring error.... :D :rolleyes:

[ 03 October 2002, 17:15: Message edited by: EmilyB ]

BCReefer
10-03-2002, 09:54 PM
for the best optimum growing conditions the TDS and pH, like our aquariums, must be in a certain range. They also look at the oxygen on water and water temperature. If you need a cheap (or less expensive) chiller check out your local hydroponic store. They also have great lighting control devices and devices to continuous measure the pH and TDS. Check out some of their sites and you can see what they have.

Happy growing ..... oops meant happy aquarium keeping.

Cheers
Patrick

Samw
10-11-2002, 05:30 AM
Does anyone local (Vancouver) know if any LFS has calibration solution, as I'm sure I'll have to re-calibrate the darn thing after the battery change?

Canadawest, did you find calibration solution? I ended up using all 3 packs and still don't think my meter is properly calibrated. I'm going to recalibrate again with some new solutions.

canadawest
10-11-2002, 06:52 AM
Hey Sam, honestly I haven't really gone out and looked yet as I still need to replace the batteries on my TDS meter.

I suspect I'll get on it in a couple weeks once I find new homes for all my baby Bangaiis, and have a couple $$ to spend on aquarium necessities.

Once I do locate a place with calibration fluid, I'll be sure to post the details here.