PDA

View Full Version : Dosing pump

donkey77
01-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Good day
Got a 3 pump dosing unit going to set up om my 90
Using Red Sea reef foundation abc
I've tested all three and they are just under, so my tank is using some whatt, what should I set my dosing pump for
I want to start off low so would like 5ml a day dose over 24 h periods to much
It's a kamoer dosing unit

reefwars
01-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Good day
Got a 3 pump dosing unit going to set up om my 90
Using Red Sea reef foundation abc
I've tested all three and they are just under, so my tank is using some whatt, what should I set my dosing pump for
I want to start off low so would like 5ml a day dose over 24 h periods to much
It's a kamoer dosing unit

unless the tank is like 10g or less 5mls of either is a horribly small amount

best thing to do is to bring all three to desired levels by hand dosing , stop dosing all together and then monitor the alk each day and write down the drop ,monitor for 3-5 days and write down the alk numbers, find the average of each of the days and then use a reefcalculator to find a starting dose and then tweak it from there.

dose based on alk numbers only as this can be tested fairly accurately daily or every couple days while calcium and mg simply cannot , and if mg is in range then cal will stay stable and usually finds a happy medium with alk.

how much of each to dose depends on water volume and what the products contain :)

riceboy
01-08-2015, 08:46 PM
the way i do it is check your alk and cal level one day, then check the level the next day to see how much it has dropped by. then go to the brs calculator to check how much alk or cal you would need to replenish your system. you can use the brs calculator to see how much solution of each you would need to increase your level to desired. i would do this first then do the check for daily consumption to stablize. note when bringing alk and cal up to desired level, raise the alk slowly like 1dkh a day or you will get burnt tips on your sps.