PDA

View Full Version : Ich help

Karsten
01-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Hello all,

I bought a powder brown tang on Boxing Day and put it in my frag tank. In the tank there is frags, LR, snails, damsel, convict tang and now the piwder brown. I think the PBT brought in ich. It has developed white spots ect. I added Kordon Rid-Ich plus last night and this morning lots of the sps and other hard coral frags have died.

What is the best corse of action now?
Is there a way to save the frags and the two tangs?

Aquattro
01-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Ich has to be treated in QT. That product is not reef safe, and you've probably killed all the coral.
At this point, toss the dead coral, and use the tank as QT.

George
01-04-2015, 10:33 PM
*sigh*
Probably too late for the invertebrates (including corals) in your tank now because one of the ingredients of rid ich is formalin which is pretty deadly to inverts. Do a large water change, as large as possible, even 100%. Run GAC after water change. Don't add any inverts into your tank until you pull all formalin out of your tank.
Move all fish to a quarantine tank to treat ich.
Good luck!

Karsten
01-04-2015, 11:00 PM
If I pull the coral that is still alive will it spread the ich?

corpusse
01-04-2015, 11:25 PM
If I pull the coral that is still alive will it spread the ich?

Possibly. Not for sure, but not for sure safe until they have been in a fallow (fish less) system for 72 days.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-04-2015, 11:54 PM
In the future, best to ask if you are unsure rather than take actions that can have deadly consequences. Did the bottle state Rid Ick is reef-safe??? I would assume that "not safe for use with invertebrates" is stated on the bottle or it should be. Sorry to hear about your losses. Btw any of the powder ?? tangs are ick magnet fish.

albert_dao
01-05-2015, 05:01 AM
Who told you to use that med? O____o

Craigdillman
01-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Start running carbon and hope that your frag tank isn't plumbed all together with your main cause the problems have just started