PDA

View Full Version : Golden Angel

gmann
01-03-2015, 07:43 PM
So i woke up today and found it dead. I saw it sitting on the sand bed last night but it was alive and i figured another fish had kicked it out of its home (guess not).

it did not come out at all from its enclosure, not even to eat during feeding time, but i always shot some food in his area.

I checked water parameters and they were fine. Ppl warned me about this fish not being a very good captive one, but i figured since it lasted a month already i was good to go.

i guess im asking if there is something i overlooked, or was this expected?

thanks for your help in advance.

albert_dao
01-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Nope, nothing unusual here. Sadly enough, this is pretty typical of Golden Dwarfs :(

Aquattro
01-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Rated as difficult, do best as first fish added to a peaceful tank. I would say you got expected results.

George
01-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Sorry to hear your loss.
Golden angelfish is one of the most shy fish, angelfish or otherwise, that I have ever owned. It has to be very comfortable with its environment before it even starts eating. I have one close to 2 years now. It only comes out during feeding time and hides most of time.
A good quarantine protocol is probably the best to keep this fish. Not only to make sure it's disease free, most importantly to make sure it is eating and fat before being added to DT.

gmann
01-03-2015, 10:23 PM
damn...

thanks for the feedback everyone.