PDA

View Full Version : Coral banded shrimp aggression?

The Guy
01-01-2015, 07:06 PM
I have a CBS and he's been in the 33g tank for approx. 2-3 months with no issues of aggression, a week ago I bought a small 1" wheeler's shrimp gobie at the boxing day sale @ J&L. Is it possible the CBS snagged him in the dark of night?
One day he was there doing fine and the next day there's no trace of him at all. I read that they will go after very small fish "sometimes", but has never bothered any of the others which are bigger fish. I was hoping he was in the rock work and I would see him out swimming on the bottom again, no sign so far. :sad:
Comments

Sebae again
01-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Can't trust a CBS.

WarDog
01-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Laurie, from what I remember researching CUC 's, CBS ', can be predatory and are not recommended around small fish. He could have been the cause. Sorry to hear.

Dearth
01-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Coral banded shrimp can be predatory especially in a smaller system in bigger tanks they tend to be more peaceful as there is usually more food and less competition for said food

trilinearmipmap
01-01-2015, 09:57 PM
I had one years ago. It would chase all the fish around the tank (never caught any) until one day my BTA ate it.

Myka
01-01-2015, 10:19 PM
The story always goes like this: "He was never aggressive until..." That's why I call them Coral Banded Jerks. Fwiw, there are also Sixline Jerks. ;)

The Guy
01-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Lesson learned no more small fish, especially bottom fish, until he's gone :croc: