PDA

View Full Version : Maxspect Gyre warrenty

Mt4d_1
12-30-2014, 11:50 PM
Hello i have one of these pumps and it has a issue . went on the site to submit a ticket for warrenty and after 5 emails later thinking i was doing right . the person oh i am dealing with said "sorry we here only deal with people in the US not canada" and does not know where or who to send me to for help. I am putting this out to fellow canadians for any info on the warrenty place this company has here in canada.

hillegom
12-30-2014, 11:54 PM
Could you contact your seller?

reefwars
12-30-2014, 11:54 PM
Hello i have one of these pumps and it has a issue . went on the site to submit a ticket for warrenty and after 5 emails later thinking i was doing right . the person oh i am dealing with said "sorry we here only deal with people in the US not canada" and does not know where or who to send me to for help. I am putting this out to fellow canadians for any info on the warrenty place this company has here in canada.

pm sent for info:)

Mt4d_1
12-31-2014, 12:00 AM
Thank you very much for the fast reply

This can be closed

reefwars
12-31-2014, 12:05 AM
Thank you very much for the fast reply

This can be closed

your welcome my friend , if you really get stuck give me a call and ill see if i can pull some strings on my end for you:) 403-499-8708 ( denny-concept aquariums)

cheers

denny

Madreefer
01-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Here's my experience dealing with warranty on the gyre's.

I bought 2 of these from a vendor here on the forum.
One of them was defective, so I called the vendor and was told that they do not warranty them as the wholesaler has decided to take care of all warranty issues.
Not cool as they are located in LA.
So now the emailing starts, take it apart and send pics. I did that.
Ok take it apart and send more pics.
Now I'm pi$$ed off cuz I really don't want to keep taking things apart and keep sending pics. It's defective, I don't want parts I want the damn thing replaced!
Well it's been 6 days and I received an email today saying that I will be receiving a tracking number when my shaft and bushings are going to be shipped.
So buyer beware when you purchase these things. Ask your vendor if they will cover warranty themselves. On a good point, the Gyre I'm using right now is working awesome and can't wait to get the other one up and running. Let's hope the wholesaler sends the right parts.

jordsyke
01-05-2015, 03:24 PM
what was it doing?

Madreefer
01-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Only one side was turning. Defective shaft (broke)

Mt4d_1
01-05-2015, 03:37 PM
The controller is broke. New one on the way. Can't wait to see how this pump really works

westreefmang
01-05-2015, 03:55 PM
When i first got mine i had a problem with the reverse but i took everything apart and threw back together and it worked perfect assuming it got bumped around in shipping

jordsyke
01-05-2015, 04:20 PM
yea i found that the shafts are most likely the weakest link. Love mine tohugh and fingers crossed it stays that way :D

Bblinks
01-05-2015, 06:24 PM
So the retailers can't warranty them for you? That's pretty lame...

ronau
01-05-2015, 07:22 PM
I would expect the retailer to contact the distributor on your behalf but some times it's faster to do it yourself. I sent the distributor an email this morning regarding a couple faulty controllers and I received a call back within hours and my replacements are already boxed up are waiting to be picked up by Fedex.

Madreefer
01-06-2015, 04:27 AM
Apparently this is how Maxspect wants it. And the retailer did contact them for me, I'm not blaming the retailer. The run around I'm getting from the distributor is what's annoying.

ronau
01-06-2015, 04:33 AM
Apparently this is how Maxspect wants it. And the retailer did contact them for me, I'm not blaming the retailer. The run around I'm getting from the distributor is what's annoying.

My distributor is in Ontario, probably one reason it was painless for me.