PDA

View Full Version : DI Resin - Bulk

r_wellwood
10-03-2002, 12:47 AM
Anyone be interested in splitting up a bulk DI resin order?

SWC can provide the DI resin as well as the refillable filter cartridges. See below for an estimate of the Resin pricing:

Bulk DI Resin $200.00
Shipping $ 42.00

The DI resin is supposed to be enough to refill 30 cartridges (I have to confirm what size of cartridge). I would like to break up the resin into 10 lots, or enough for approximately three refills. This would translate into roughly $25.00 per lot. The refillable filter cartridges could be ordered at this time as well, to save on shipping costs.

Post a 'Reply' if you are interested... smile.gif

JoJo
10-03-2002, 01:09 AM
Hi Ryland,

Does the resin have color indicator to show that it has exhausted?? Please find out the volume of each refill. If it works out cheaper than buying a new TWP cartridge, I'm in!! Thanks!!

ron101
10-03-2002, 02:27 AM
I would participate in a bulk split of some sort. I have been meaning to look into it but haven't had time to do my homework yet. What are our options?

Jayson
10-03-2002, 12:08 PM
There is no color indicater in this resin. The volume per cartridge is aprox 1 litre. Thanks

stephane
10-03-2002, 08:00 PM
I use similar resin for quite some time. I bought one entire bulk just for me!

I only have one ting to said, go for it you will save lot of money with those bulk!

r_wellwood
10-08-2002, 05:37 PM
^^

Anyone else interested? :roll:

Ryland

reefburnaby
10-08-2002, 05:56 PM
Hi,

I am interested. I am also interested in a couple of those refillable containers. I was thinking of using them for both DI and carbon refills.

- Victor.

canadawest
10-08-2002, 07:19 PM
I am in as well. I would also need one of the refillable filter cartridges.

3 DI cartridges for $25 sounds like a great deal to me! :)

wayner
10-08-2002, 07:35 PM
Where do you buy carbon cartridge for Kent RO/DI unit here in Calgary, also, I know the water is very hard in Calgary, so how long before you change you carbon cartridge?, my understanding is that if chlorine gets to the membrane, it can ruin it.

Thanks

r_wellwood
10-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Okay, here is who said they would participate so far:

JoJo Danny
Ron101
ReefBurnaby Victor
CanadaWest Andrew

Including myselft, that totals five people. I don't mind purchasing two shares, so that means four (4) other shares are still available unless someone above wants more than one share :wink: .

Anyone else decided to get in on this?

I have sent an e-mail/PM to each of you above.

Ryland

canadawest
10-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Whooooaaahhh hold up...

I was just on the Aquariumpros.ca website looking at the refillable canisters and they are $135.99 (w/ drain and purge valves) or $89.99 (w/out drain and purge valves). :shock:

Seems to me that even at $90 + $25 for three cartridges worth it's almost cheaper just to buy the DI resins. :?

Can you shed some light on this Ryland, before I commit to the purchase?

r_wellwood
10-11-2002, 08:43 PM
Andrew,

I believe (but will have to check with Jayson) that the refillable cartridges for 19.99 at SWC are just an easily refillable cartridge - not a housing like on Aquarium Pros. Basically, if you look at any DI catridge at a retail location, imagine the plastic casing it comes in w/o the resin, and that is it (except w/ easy open and close for adding resin). This is what I have seen on the net.

So, for anyone who already has a RO/DI system (or other cartridge style filter), the refillable cartridge is a one-time purchase and the resin is cheaper in bulk. Thats it.

Jayson, if you are reading this can you confirm?

Ryland

**As an aside, the housing on Aquarium Pros site looks like any other regular housing with a tube added on the output - I imagine this tube is full of really small holes so as to not allow the resin beads to escape. This would be very easy to make, as the output on any standard housing usually has a lip for tubing to be attached to. Get a piece of PVC, drill some really small holes, and presto - refillable water housing for DI. This would be an alternative for anyone who didn't already have a spare housing as part of their RO system.**

reefburnaby
10-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Hi,

That's weird...its $19.99 for each refillable cartridge at SWC -- I am assuming they are the right ones. I'll take two cartridges.

While we are on the topic for ordering stuff from SWC, can I tag a cabbose on the order ? I want to get a TDS meter (on sale for $31.25).

Oh...if you don't find any more people interested, I can pickup the rest of the slack. I believe this deal is based on a sale price for October, so there is a time limit.

- Victor.

Jayson
10-11-2002, 10:46 PM
The refillable cartridges are like ryland described. They are the same as your regular DI unit they just come apart to add resin. The cartridges will be a one shot purchase. You can use these for carbon as well I have some people using them for aragonite after the DI to buffer the water. I hope this clears up any questions that you may have had. If you have any further questions feel free to email me. Thanks

pocilipora
10-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Id like to get in on this if at all possible? I need a refilable cartridge too.

StirCrazy
10-12-2002, 01:19 AM
when are you looking at doing this? I might be interested but not till the end of the month.

Steve

r_wellwood
10-12-2002, 02:51 AM
Steve,

The Resin is on special until the end of the month. Currently, there looks to be seven people interested - including yourself.

Victor (ReefBurnaby) wrote in an earlier post that he would be willing to take any extra resin. I would like to place the order next week, and you could arrange to get your portion around the end of the month.

Let me know what you want to do...

Victor,

I am looking at getting one of the TDS meters as well.

Ryland

canadawest
10-16-2002, 05:04 AM
Well if we are only talking $19.99 for the refillable cartridge, then no problem I am still in on this one.

One cartridge + 1 set of refills for me please! :)

Now that it has been explained, it totally makes sense and was what I was expecting. I just wanted to make sure after getting the "sticker shock" on the AquariumPros web-store. I can see the difference, and a refillable cartridge is all I need.

BTW, I picked up a 1 micron sediment filter from Canadian Tire today for $6.99 and a carbon cartridge for $9.99. Less than $20 after taxes, not bad for the two cartridges that get replaced the most (every 4-6 months for me).

And they have two-packs of the above cartridges for even greater savings, but I wanted to try these out first before buying a bunch. Anyways, I digress.

r_wellwood
10-20-2002, 02:44 AM
All,

Below is a list of people who posted their interest in splitting a DI Resin order:

JoJo (1) *Confirmed
Ron101 (1) *Also ordered a TDS meter
ReefBurnaby (3) *Also ordered two refillable cartridges & TDS meter
CanadaWest (1) *Also ordered one refillable cartridge
Ryland (2) *Also ordering one refillable cartridge & TDS meter
*Please confirm via post or e-mail your comittment to the above shares*

That makes ten shares altogether. If anyone else is interested, please post now as I will be placing the order on Monday/Tuesday. I will send out an e-mail with the final pricing just prior to making the order.

**If anyone one listed above would also like to order a refillable cartridge and/or TDS meter, please mention that in the e-mail - this way you can save on shared shipping costs**

Ryland

r_wellwood
10-22-2002, 04:55 AM
Okay,

There are eight shares confirmed, and I would like to have all ten spoken for before placing the order this week.

Anyone else want to get in on this bulk DI resin order??
:)

Ryland

reefburnaby
10-22-2002, 05:52 AM
Hi,

Okay...I'll pick the rest of the slack, but anybody can change their minds and take some of my share between now and when I pay for the DI.

So, that will be confirmed 5 orders of DI, two cartidges and a TDS meter. How many pounds of DI do I get ?

Oh...my sister and I thank you for that Mysis Power Buy. Most of my fish love it (except for the Mandarin...he still likes pods better) and my sister's goldfish are doing much better thanks to Mysis.

- Victor.

smokinreefer
10-23-2002, 12:01 AM
OK...i am slow...
could you see if jayson can stick another tds meter on there for me??
no worries if you can't. thanks

Jayson
10-23-2002, 01:32 AM
I can add the TDS meters to anyones order if they like. I would just like for you to contact me privately to make sure that you are not forgotten. Thanks

canadawest
10-23-2002, 05:27 AM
Hey Jayson, do you have calibration fluid for the TDS meters? If so I would like to get some, and I'm sure others on this group order would probably like to get some as well for their new TDS meters. Let us know!

And I got a bag of your aragonite sand today from Tim at Seacare, thanks for bringing in some great stuff at reasonable prices!

Jayson
10-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Yes we do have calibration fluids. Glad to here that you picked up sand from Tim. We are trying our best to bring in good products at good prices. Please email me privately for purchases. Thanks

canadawest
10-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Hey Ryland, have you placed the order yet?

If not, could you add some calibration fluid to the order for me? I'm sure that others who are ordering TDS meters with the DI resins would probably like to get some as well.

So to recap, I would like one share of the bulk DI resin, one refillable DI cartridge and some TDS calibration fluid.

PS.. Thanks for putting together this order!

r_wellwood
10-24-2002, 07:40 AM
All,

I will be placing the order on Friday, so please have all of your requests in by then.

Ryland

smokinreefer
10-25-2002, 05:43 AM
hey ryland,
i have contacted jayson to get as tds meter added on to the order for me.
so when you place the order, just make sure you got one for me.

you can contact me for payment arrangements...anyhow i am sure we will meet up soon, i got that frag for ya.

r_wellwood
11-03-2002, 07:32 AM
All,

I placed the order with Jayson today :) , and it should arrive by Friday of this week. I will know more on Monday and will post another message so that we can all arrange a time for pickup.

Ryland

r_wellwood
11-14-2002, 12:36 AM
For those of you who are a part of this order, I received comfirmation from Jayson today that it should be arriving at the end of this week (after some shipping confusion).

I'll keep y'all posted.

Ryland

EmilyB
11-14-2002, 05:12 AM
Can you guys let me know about this resin and color changing?

I know Jayson has assured me it it the non color changing variety, however it is going bright gold. I wouldn't have known since the refillable unit is not clear, but I went back to check, as I didn't think I had put enough in.

I'm now running some in my TWP just to see, and it is going gold.

ron101
11-30-2002, 04:47 AM
Any word?

r_wellwood
11-30-2002, 05:37 AM
All,

The shipment is sitting at my workplace - I will be there this weekend to split everything up. Keep your eyes open for a future post & e-mail to arrange for pickup/meeting.

Ryland

canadawest
11-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Wow, better late than never eh? :lol: (Just kidding)

Thanks again for arranging this for us Ryland. Looking forward to hearing from you when it's ready for pickup.

r_wellwood
12-06-2002, 03:45 PM
All,

I would like to meet up tomorrow, possibly at J&Ls. Sometime late morning or early afternoon. Work for you?

Ryland

canadawest
12-06-2002, 05:44 PM
Send me an email and we can arrange a time Ryland. I should be free tomorrow in the late morning, early afternoon.

reefburnaby
12-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Hi,

So, could you email how much I owe you. Thanks.

- Victor.

ron101
12-07-2002, 06:20 PM
Did we narrow down a time yet?

canadawest
12-07-2002, 09:20 PM
I haven't heard yet from Ryland when he would like to make pickup arrangements, or like Victor, what the amount oweing is.

Hey Ryland, can you give us some light here? :shock:

r_wellwood
12-07-2002, 10:19 PM
Hey All,

My life has been h$%l lately, too much to do and no time to do it - that is, when I am actually in British Columbia...

Okay - I have the goods at my place and will divide the resin up. I will send an e-mail to each of you with your amount due.

I would like to meet up tomorrow morning or afternoon at J&Ls - they don't open until 11:00am. Can everyone make it at 11:00?

Ryland

canadawest
12-08-2002, 12:14 AM
Hey Ryland,

Send me an email with the total oweing and to confirm that tomorrow @ J&L @ 11am is the time and place.

If so, see you (and others) tomorrow. :D

reefburnaby
12-08-2002, 11:19 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I couldn't make it today. I was busy this week. Send me an email when you decide to head over to J&Ls.

- Victor.

r_wellwood
12-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Victor,

No problem, I met up with Andrew and Ron. I will wait and see when Danny and Shao are available, hopefully I can meet up with all three of you at once.

Ryland