PDA

View Full Version : Coral Sitters ?

Buccaneer
09-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey guys ... been a long time since I was on here as it was a busy summer for us ... our house is in the finishing stage ( should be ready end of October ) and I have still been anguishing over how to move it all ( since noone wants to buy my 300G :wink: )

So one thought was to see if there were any volunteers to coral-sit my corals for a month or so till we get settled in and I have a chance to setup my fish room again. That way I dont have to focus on getting my MH up and running immediately if it is just for fish

There is a combination of SPS, LPS and softies ... I am hopeing not to lose anything in this move and if my corals go into established tanks temporarily then I hope to avoid any problems.

If there are any volunteers it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

AJ_77
09-09-2004, 11:11 PM
What is your time frame for the sitting, Steve? My tank is not yet over-full...

:mrgreen:

Canadian Man
09-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Hey Steve, I could fit a few in my frag tank. I allready have some from other's in there anyway :lol:

250w 10k bulb on the frag tank.

cheers

Buccaneer
09-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Thanks guys ... I am thinking mid October to mid November at the longest ... I would like to think I can get the 300G filled up again within 24 hrs of pulling it out of the wall ... which means 2 weeks at best

This would be a HUGE favour to ask I know but it is the only thing I can think of to keep them alive till after the move as the 300G is going to be a monumental task to get out of my basement and into the new house.

Thanks again and I will contact both of you to see how many we can fit in those tanks of yours.

If anyone else has some space please let me know as I am sure that those 2 tanks wont be able to hold them all unfortunately ... there is a LARGE green BTA and a RBTA as well that need a temporary home.

I will be setting up a temporary tank for the fish when I move as there is no easy way to remove fish from a established tank so fish-sitting I dont think is a option ... there I will have to be carefull and take my chances.

Cheers

Jim Barry
09-10-2004, 02:43 AM
Steve,

I have some room in my 120 gallon..... I can sit a few corals for you.

Jim

Buccaneer
09-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Steve,

I have some room in my 120 gallon..... I can sit a few corals for you.

Jim

Thanks Jim ... the more the merrier :mrgreen:

MitchM
09-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Steve,

I've got 250w DE over my main tank (204g) and 150w DE over my sump (180g).
You're welcome to come over and scout out my tanks for some free spaces. :smile:

Mitch

danny zubot
09-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Steve, I'm just curious but would your BTA and RBTA be OK in your temorary tank with your fish?

Buccaneer
09-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Steve,

I've got 250w DE over my main tank (204g) and 150w DE over my sump (180g).
You're welcome to come over and scout out my tanks for some free spaces. :smile:

Mitch

Thanks Mitch ... I will do that ... I appreciate it.

Buccaneer
09-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Steve, I'm just curious but would your BTA and RBTA be OK in your temorary tank with your fish?

The trick is that I only have MH over my tank right now ( 4 X 400W 10K ) and if I can get rid of the sun-lovers temporarily then I can rig up a temporary VHO solution while the 300G is still running ( fish only ) and then move my MH over to the new house and get it wired up so that when I move the tank and sump I can slide them right under the MH and fire it all right back up again.

That was the idea anyway

BMW Rider
09-10-2004, 05:26 PM
I have space too, the problem would be getting me to give them back :lol: I don't think I'd want to take the BTAs though, my tank is a bit young for that yet.

Buccaneer
09-10-2004, 05:28 PM
I have space too, the problem would be getting me to give them back :lol: I don't think I'd want to take the BTAs though, my tank is a bit young for that yet.

I am sure there will b a " accidental frag " or 2 left behind in all those coral-sitter tanks :wink:

Thanks again

RobbAdams
09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
I would only feel comfortable with softies, but if that helps I am all fo it

Robb Adams

AJ_77
09-15-2004, 03:57 PM
I am sure there will b a " accidental frag " or 2 left behind in all those coral-sitter tanks :wink:

Thanks again

WELL then, I may have more room than I thought! :biggrin:

What if a BTA splits while in our care, can we keep the split? :wink:

danny zubot
09-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey Alan, I still have both of the BTA clones if you are interested?

Buccaneer
10-12-2004, 05:11 AM
UPDATE :

Here is the new plan : I had another 300G tank in my garage from a trade this summer ( dimensions 72 L X 24 H X 36 D ) that came with a tubular stand

I got a bunch of guys together tonight and moved it into the basement of the new house ( early ... my possession is'nt till the 28th :wink: )

So now I will get it filled over the next week ( have to replace one panel from before ... glass is ready on Wednesday ) and up to temperature and then move all the corals/rock over one day and then all the fish/lights over the next day.

Thanks to all that volunteered to look after my corals but I think I will be able to pull it off doing it this way.

Cheers

Canadian Man
10-12-2004, 06:24 AM
now it should be smooth sailing :cool: