PDA

View Full Version : Who's using SeaChem Reef Advantage Ca & Reef Builder?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-24-2014, 10:57 AM
From reading past posts, I know several Canreefers are using one or both these products.

What are your opinions/experiences with these two additives?

Just looking at investing in 4 kg buckets of both SeaChem additives as my main additives for Ca, Mg, Sr, and maintaining my Carbonate alkalinity in my mainly LPS 165g display with 90g sump. Also have a 93g cube reef (mostly softies & dendros) with 40g sump. No calcium reactor, just manual dosing (and ATO dosing). Could set up dosing pumps (have them but not yet set up).

What are your opinions based on your experiences?

Is 4kg buckets too much and just get the 1 & 1.2 kg bottles or better to invest in the bigger containers? Personally, I'm leaning towards the "go big or go home" route on Boxing Day.

I've used several different additives in the past and never tried these two SeaChem products before, but the reviews online seem very positive.

Thanks.

Anthony

Aquattro
12-24-2014, 12:55 PM
I use the Ca for topping off my new water. I only use 25g per batch, but still bought a 4kg bucket.

gregzz4
12-24-2014, 01:33 PM
I used it for the first year or so and found it very easy
I used 1.1ml pumps

I've switched to Randy's 2-part as it's much cheaper than the Seachem stuff, but if you want to use it, save money and buy the big containers

Reef Pilot
12-24-2014, 01:45 PM
I used Seachem for both alk and Ca, but have also gone to much cheaper solutions.