View Full Version : LF: Aqua C Remora Pro S

GavinWang
12-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Looking for an Aqua C Remora Pro S.
PM me with condition and price.

thank.

chefpaakk
12-23-2014, 03:13 AM
I have a aqua remora. But it isn't pro.. Will it still work for you?

GavinWang
12-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the offer. I have a regular remora already and it is too loud. Is your remora loud? I am looking for the newer one that has the sound muffler.

I have a aqua remora. But it isn't pro.. Will it still work for you?

chewie
12-24-2014, 07:45 PM
As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two is a peice of fitted foam rubber that sits over the spray injector part to dampen the noise. ( stick a peice of 10¢ foam/plastic on and call it PRO...charge $50 or more extra...)
I have seen a few diy mods that are very easy to do and work great. Just google: aqua c remora sound baffle.
I do have two aqua c remoras laying around (1 hob, 1 in sump) and a surface skimmer/bubble trap for the hang on version if interested. I will try one of these mods and let you know how it works if you want. Just trying to save you some money.

GavinWang
12-24-2014, 07:51 PM
As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two is a peice of fitted foam rubber that sits over the spray injector part to dampen the noise. ( stick a peice of 10¢ foam/plastic on and call it PRO...charge $50 or more extra...)
I have seen a few diy mods that are very easy to do and work great. Just google: aqua c remora sound baffle.
I do have two aqua c remoras laying around (1 hob, 1 in sump) and a surface skimmer/bubble trap for the hang on version if interested. I will try one of these mods and let you know how it works if you want. Just trying to save you some money.

I have tried the mod from the following link:
http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=38674

It reduces the noise like 60% but it is still pretty loud to me. Maybe there is something wrong with the skimmer I have. From what I have read, the skimmer should be pretty silent after the mod.

The Guy
12-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Hey Gavin I have had the Pro model and didn't find it much quieter than the standard one, I have a hob sea clone 100 that just needs a pump and a lid, if you want to try that out you can have it free.