PDA

View Full Version : Victoria LFS scene

Aquattro
09-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Just to let everyone in Vic know, there have been some changes in town. Safari Pets has moved across the parking lot to new digs, and has gone with larger tanks for all their fish and reefs. The store is bigger, so hopefully they'll carry even more stock than they did previously.

Another new development is that Creatures has also moved to a bigger, better store. They're at Bay(?) and Blanshard in the Wendy's parking lot. I dropped in to take a look and they have a huge store as well. They've also gone with tall tanks for the fish, although historically the tanks have always been fairly empty. Maybe this change will bring about a new store to shop at in Victoria. They look to be cycling right now, but I would expect a month or so will see full tanks at Creatures.

AJ_77
09-09-2004, 05:47 AM
Woo-hoo, fall road trip!!

:mrgreen:

Jaws
09-09-2004, 07:28 AM
I was in talking to Creatures today and was told that they're setting up for up to $60,000 of marine livestock in there. That seams a little extreme but it will be interesting to see if they do. I've never been a big fan of the way they take care of their animals but hopefully we'll see an improvement.

ghztew
09-12-2004, 06:11 PM
This past weekend I made the roundtrip between Hillside, Creatures and Safari and I was a little dissapointed to see 2 of the 3 stores still essentially out of commission because of relocating.

Creatures was supposed to have their store fully open by the 9th of August.. . it looks like they're really behind schedule right now. When they do get everything setup it should be a nice place to shop.. it appares they'll be the only place in town that will have a decent setup for inverts (smaller tanks for easier retrieval) I've always hated going into an LFS and waiting 45 minutes while they struggle to get a few peppermints out of a holding tank.

In the end though, it looks like competition might heat up a bit here.. I just hope the stores stock different items.. it'd be nice to have a larger selection of fish, corals & inverts here in Victoria.