PDA

View Full Version : Mysis shrimps...

robert
09-16-2002, 01:48 PM
Hello Everybody!
Reading http://www.canreef.com/ubb6/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000840 I noticed that there are a few of us who would like to get some Mysis shrimps. I think it is a time to make bulk order together. Probably not even bulk order since their minimum order is quite big - 19lb.

Anyway, there is 38 8oz packages in one 19lb order. If you are interested, please reply to this post and state the amount you want to get. I can take care of ordering. Order would go out latest next week Monday maybe even earlier if we get enough participants.

Robert

[ 16 September 2002, 10:06: Message edited by: pirate ]

ldzielak
09-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Count me in on the purchase.

Lee

robert
09-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Oooops... I am very sorry, but I found local person who is going to sell me some. No, it is not retail supplier. You may still use my post to organize joint order, but I will not take care of ordering and distributing.
robert

reefburnaby
09-16-2002, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I am still in it for the bulk order. I am looking for about 2 to 3 lb of this stuff.

Lee,

How much mysis do you want to buy ?

- Victor.

zulu_principle
09-16-2002, 10:55 PM
I have a couple of 2.5# bags of Piscine Energetics Mysis relicta $20 a bag.

Pick up only.

Zulu

ldzielak
09-17-2002, 07:36 PM
Victor,

I have all kind of food in my freezer. The Mysis I have the fish don't really like, so I just wanted to try maybe $20 worth to start. If there was to be a group order I would be in for about $20.

Lee

Aquattro
09-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Lee, I'll be ordering 19 pounds for next Thrusday's(they deliver once a week) delivery. I will sell it by the 8oz. packet. Might be easier if you're down this way.

zulu_principle
09-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Have sold all the extra bags of mysis I had.

Sorry.

Zulu

reefburnaby
09-18-2002, 12:52 AM
Zulu,

Doh! Doh! Doh!

No problem, I still have lots of homemade food in the fridge. If you have some more mysis to sell in the future, please post a message on the board.

Thanks.

- Victor.

smokinreefer
09-18-2002, 01:26 AM
hey brad...how much a pack?

Aquattro
09-18-2002, 01:29 AM
Prolly gonna be about $5-6 for a 8 oz. packet. Special deals for those with kalk to trade ;)

smokinreefer
09-19-2002, 01:15 AM
Brad,
count me in for a few packs...
did you get my PM??
btw...what brand are these? not that i know the difference btwn the brands anyway.

[ 18 September 2002, 21:17: Message edited by: smokinreefer ]

Aquattro
09-19-2002, 02:20 AM
Shao, just got your PM. It's the piscine energetics brand from the Okanagan. Same stuff Kyle sold everyone a few months back. It's supposed to be a lot better than the hikari brand or others. I'm going to have 19 pounds of it, so I hope my tank likes it...a lot!! I probably won't be over for 3 more weeks, building a new reactor this weekend and my birthday the weekend following. After that, I'll be coming over for a few days.

ldzielak
09-19-2002, 02:26 AM
Brad,

Sounds good, I will be passing by next Thurday, so it should works out fine.

Lee

Aquattro
09-19-2002, 02:32 AM
Lee, how long are you in town? I haven't confirmed if it's same day or next day yet. They ship Thurday and the product stays frozen so I assume it is same day delivery. I'll PM you when I have more info.

canadawest
09-19-2002, 03:13 AM
Great stuff, been using it to feed my tank for the past 6 months or so (bought a bunch from Kyle in Kelowna).

I know you'll be happy with it Brad, and so will whomever else gets some from you.

PS... 19lbs will be TONNES!!! I got around 5lbs of the stuff and it will last me over a year. :eek:

Aquattro
09-19-2002, 03:16 AM
Andrew, I'm hoping to unload a lot of it. I figure 19 pounds would last me more years than I have left!!

r_wellwood
09-20-2002, 09:44 PM
All,

If Brad does not have enough to go around, I am interested in bringing a 19lb order. This would translate into 38 portions of 8oz each.

Pricing from PE is as follows:

Mysis $ 116.00
Taxes $ 17.00
Shipping $ 20 to $30, no exact figure until arrival

Total $ 153 to $163

Each portion would then be worth $4.30 at most.

I am located in the Vancouver Area, and this is where the order would be shipped. I would like to have all of the portions spoken for before placing the order. I am aiming for delivery on Thursday, October 3rd. Pickup will have to be worked out, and would have to be within a couple of days of shipment arrival.

E-mail me with your quantities required - priority will be given to larger quantities, but I will try and get all on the list.

Ryland
wellwood@shaw.ca

Aquattro
09-20-2002, 10:21 PM
Ryland, if you can organize a group order over there, go right ahead. I can probably get rid of 19 pounds on the island.

Old Guy
09-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Ryland,
You can put me down for 5 packs.

Thanks -- Jeff

Terrance Wong
09-21-2002, 12:59 AM
Ryland,

I'd like 2 packs.

Terrance

Samw
09-21-2002, 02:04 AM
FYI. Received an Email reply back from J&L and also talked to them this evening. They'll be stocking PE starting next week.

r_wellwood
09-21-2002, 11:40 PM
So far there are 13 of 38 packages spoken for.

I tried to get a price from J&L this afternoon, but was told they won't know until the product arrives :( .

I am still planning to go ahead with the group order, keep the requests coming tongue.gif .

Ryland

smokinreefer
09-22-2002, 03:21 AM
well i guess i if it is easier i can get mine from ryland. put me down for say...10 packs.

brad, let me know when you are in town.

r_wellwood
09-22-2002, 01:13 PM
Good news:

As of this morning, I have requests to cover the minimum order :D . I will entertain all requests (even as small as one 8oz package) as the order can be increased to any amount. Here is a breakdown:

Old Guy (5)
Terrance (2)
SmokinReefer (10)
Ryland (4)
Other (19)

For all who are wondering, this is the MYSYS from the Okanagan (Piscine Energetics).

Keep the requests coming.

Ryland

Samw
09-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Hi Ryland.
I sent you 2 emails yesterday. I'm interested in 2 packs.

robert
09-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Hi Ryland,
I am up for 3 packages.
Robert

r_wellwood
09-22-2002, 03:59 PM
Sam,

I received your e-mails yesterday and tried to send you two replies. They were both returned to me as 'not-deliverable'. I just tried again with the same results :confused: .

No worries, your request for two (2) packages is on the list.

Ryland

Samw
09-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Ryland:
Sam,

I received your e-mails yesterday and tried to send you two replies. They were both returned to me as 'not-deliverable'. I just tried again with the same results :confused: .

Ryland<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Ryland.

My mail server started using several blacklists to cut down on Email spam and I guess Shaw's server was on the list. smile.gif I'll remove the blacklist that is blocking Shaw. smile.gif Should work now.

[ 22 September 2002, 13:38: Message edited by: Sam W ]

r_wellwood
10-01-2002, 07:56 PM
I am going to place the Mysis order tomorrow morning, for delivery on Thursday morning.

After speaking with Piscine Energetics today, I have been informed that they will only ship in quantities of 19 lbs (equal to 38 packages). I currently have requests for 46 packages in total. I would ask that anyone who has requested a large quantity give up a few packages so others who have requested smaller amounts can be accomodated. However, I did state that larger requests will be given priority and I will stick to that. See below:

Old Guy (5) [Jeff]
SmokinReefer (10)
Ryland (4)
Terrance (2)
Sam (2)
Pirate (3) [Robert]
Others (20)

To accomodate everyone we need to give up eight packages. I am willing to drop my quantity to two from four - so we need volunteers to drop six more packages.

Pickup - shipment will arrive on Thursday morning and I will keep it frozen. I would like to arrange for pickup on Friday evening OR Saturday morning. I thought it would be best to meet at a somewhat central location, possibly J&Ls parking lot. If people would like to pickup quantities for others, just let me know ahead of time.

So please post your preference for a pickup day:
Friday Evening
OR
Saturday Morning

I have also sent out an e-mail to all with this information.

Ryland

smokinreefer
10-01-2002, 08:24 PM
hey ryland,
i'll drop 4 packs...so then i'll take 6.
shoot me an email, i dont know if i can make it any of those times you mentioned for pick up, but i am nearby JL, we can work something out.
thanks,
shao

Old Guy
10-01-2002, 11:18 PM
I can drop to 3 to accomodate if you like. I did get a pack at J&L to hold me over anyways.

r_wellwood
10-01-2002, 11:27 PM
All,

First: enough people have sacrificed a few packages and it looks like everyone who requested some Mysis will get some:

Smokinreefer (6)
Pirate (2)
Old Guy (5)
Terrance (2)
Sam (2)
Ryland (2)
Others (19)

Second: I wasn't thinking straight earlier today -I will not be able to make a Saturday pickup. Instead, I would like to offer up Thursday night. The shipment is supposed to arrive by 5:00pm on Thursday, so I could make it to J&Ls by 6:00pm or so. Otherwise, it will have to be Friday.

Third: I placed the order this afternoon, and the total for the 19 lbs + shipping is $153.26. This translates into $4.03 per 8oz package. I am not going to hold anyone to the 3 cents, so lets make it an even $4.00 per.

Ryland

Old Guy
10-01-2002, 11:33 PM
As I'm only 4 blocks from J&L :D ,anytime is good for me.

BC_Grl
10-02-2002, 12:09 AM
jeff, don't you find that living that close to J&L is too tempting? I would...
Mind you, I would love to live in that neighbourhood. I've heard it is quite nice.

Old Guy
10-02-2002, 10:07 AM
Jeanna,
Living close just saves gas for the car. I've been fighting aquatic temptations for 30 years. :D

I bought in this neighbourhood 3 1/2 years ago and love it. Due to downsizing, I'm down to 3 tanks :( .

Shao,
If you can't make the arranged time, I would be willing to grab your packs for you.

Being so close to J&L, I am willing to grab and hold for anybody that needs such arrangements. Just let me know. smile.gif

r_wellwood
10-03-2002, 12:18 AM
All,

After receiving some feedback, it looks like Friday evening is the best time for pickup. Therefore, I will be at J&Ls between 6:00 and 7:00 pm in the parking lot. I drive a brown Jeep Cherokee, and will be the one with the 3 ft X 6 ft 'MYSIS' sign around my neck ;)

Packages are $4.00 each, please attempt to have correct change - I will bring some twoonies/loonies.

If you cannot make it on Friday, please arrange to have someone else pickup your share, and let me know in advance.

I have sent out an e-mail to all containing this information. See y'all on Friday.

Ryland