PDA

View Full Version : blastos help

donkey77
12-08-2014, 11:26 PM
why are my blastos dying one starts to die then another and another
all my param are in check almost seems like something is eating them, all my other corals are doing fine its a 90g with 3 ai's, i do 15g water change every friday any help

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-08-2014, 11:35 PM
What fish do you have in there that may be snacking on the blastos? Also, blastos like low light and may do better with some light feeding.

daplatapus
12-09-2014, 01:46 PM
The first time I put blasto's in my tank I thought they'd be fine just down at the bottom of my tank. I'm running 250W MH but my tank is 24" deep and the lights are 10" above the water, so I thought they'd be fine. They pretty much melted away in days. After doing some reading up, I tucked them totally under a rock shelf where they didn't get hit by any direct light all and they've totally recovered.
Definitely a low light coral, at least at first until they get totally acclimated to your specific light.

donkey77
12-09-2014, 10:14 PM
about 5 tangs, 6 line wrasse, blue chromus, snowflake clown, couple other small fish, cleaner shrimp, banded coral shrimp, i have them med tank and they were doing fine, and the 3 colonies that died were close to the bottom,

Coral Hoarder
12-09-2014, 11:09 PM
brown jelly ?