PDA

View Full Version : 3 Chromis & Cleaner Wrasse to Give away...

bulletsworld
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
I have three chromis & one cleaner wrasse to give away to good home.
You must have a QT tank setup.

These fish for the last few months have lived in a 10 gal QT and are unhappy. They were treated & cured of ich months back. But since I had my other 29gal tank have a Velvet outbreak, I was worried that there was a chance my QT tools could contaiminate the 10Gal. So I have had them on inspection for the last month showing no signs and very active but unhappy in small tank. Currently the three chromis & wrasse show no signs to this date so thats why just to be on the safe side I asked that someone take them with a QT tank. The cleaner wrasse bugs my cowfish so I have to get rid of him & the chromis do the same, not to mention hard to catch once put in my 77gal.

If you have a QT tank and are interested....Please PM me.

Thanks a bunch.

Bob I
09-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Too bad I am so far away. I have had a 15 gallon QT tank set up a long time. It actually houses my "For Sale" zoanthids. :sad:

kuatto
09-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Let me know if you still have them,might be able to take them.

bulletsworld
09-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Jim,

I still have the 3 chromis & cleaner wrasse for FREE.

I also may have a mandarin goby for sale Since my puffer seems to want to eat goby (morpheous) for lunch. :sad: Unless I keep mandarin at your house Jim & say I will pick him up one day but just dont for a long time, if ever. :lol:

Also, I think I might have got a home for the starfish! Remember the chocolate starfish I was trying to con you into taking months back. :lol: :lol: I guess I didn't let you slip away witout getting my green brittle star. hows that guy doing anyway?

Lee

kuatto
09-08-2004, 08:50 PM
:eek: no more starfish for my tank.He eventually ate all my hermits,most of my snails and 2 fish,so he went to a better place :evil: I'll get ahold you later tonight about the fish.

bulletsworld
09-08-2004, 09:22 PM
OMG! Really! EEK, he turned into a eating monster! Now I feel really bad. Sorry to hear and sorry I gave em to you. YIKES!

You mentioned he went to a better place! :eek: You didn't...did you? :eek:

Call me later Jim. I pm's you my new number.

Richer
09-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Better place as in getting pounded into the driveway with a shovel...?

Just kidding, I think that star went to marine_newbie.

-Richer

bulletsworld
09-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Better place as in getting pounded into the driveway with a shovel...? -Richer

I guess when that brittle star ate my Pulse Zenia I had visions of something like that. :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

Dez
09-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Are the cleaner wrasse and chromis taken? If not, then I'll take them?

bulletsworld
09-09-2004, 02:44 AM
Hey Dez,

I think Jim will be picking them up tomorrow. I'm not sure though if he is taking all of them. Hmm..... I will keep you posted as soon as I find out, probably tomorrow.

kuatto
09-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Dez
I have a 20 high set up as qt,so I might just take the cleaner wrass(plus kidnap her manderin :mrgreen: )so feel free to take the chromis(my Mommy always told me it was good to share :mrgreen: )

EmilyB
09-09-2004, 05:03 AM
I was just curious as to exactly what the chocolate chip ate because I have two in my FOWLR and am adding coral. I know mine ate red macro like it was caviar.... :eek:

So far I haven't seen them eat any of the softies, so I would appreciate knowing what not to add. :biggrin: They spend most of their time on the bottom going after detritus (it is barebottom).

Pisces
09-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Is this the same Cleaner wrasse that you said I could have for $10 months ago? :eek: You were going to call me when he was done with the ich and I could come get him.... :sad: :sad: :sad:

Quinn
09-09-2004, 07:34 PM
My understanding is that cleaner wrasses do better (better being subjective, this being a fish that many don't think should be imported at all), in larger tanks (180+). Just my opinion, and I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, playing a song that doesn't go over well in this hobby, but maybe with a sensitive fish like this, we should be thinking about where it would do best, not about how it would look in our tanks. :neutral:

I'll see if I can find some references on that.

Remember Alan, social liberal.

kuatto
09-09-2004, 08:10 PM
I don't want to step on any toes :biggrin: so if Pisces had a previous arrangement then I understand fully(besides,she has a bigger tank :mrgreen: )

bulletsworld
09-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey Pisces,

:eek: Yes, its the same cleaner wrasse that I was going to sell 6 months if not more. I'm sorry I could not remember for the life of me remember your handle, hence the post.

I decided not to SELL the wrasse after I discovered my other tank had Velvet & was worried that net contaimation, adding a goby from that tank would put the wrasse or anyone who bought him at risk. Since its be almost two months with no signs, I still feel just in case the wrasse a carrier he is FREE now & asked that who ever take him has a QT just in case.

If its o.k with Kuatto, he's your's still, if you want to QT him. Kuatto you can still borrow/steal the mandarin if you want. :mrgreen:

bulletsworld
09-09-2004, 09:40 PM
I was just curious as to exactly what the chocolate chip ate because I have two in my FOWLR and am adding coral. I know mine ate red macro like it was caviar.... :eek:

So far I haven't seen them eat any of the softies, so I would appreciate knowing what not to add. :biggrin: They spend most of their time on the bottom going after detritus (it is barebottom).

EmilyB,

Yeah chocolate stars are monster machines at eating corals. Mine would eat almost anything. I found mine LOVES eating zoo's & xenia are the fav! I couldn't keep any Xenia's! It was like the star could smell them as soon as I put them in the tank and boggy over to eat them. This starfish ate the following:

Urchins, slugs, mushrooms, Xenia, birds nest, any Zoo's, polyps and any softies! Anything that doesn't sting it.

Stays away from my pagoda (to high up the rocks although its tried) & wont touch my frog spawn, but that’s it! Won’t eat anything that can sting the star it seems. Today before I left for work, I pulled the star off my green star polyps! NOoOOOOO!!!! :bad-word:

So hope that helps. :mrgreen: Let the force be with yeah!

bulletsworld
09-09-2004, 09:55 PM
My understanding is that cleaner wrasses do better (better being subjective, this being a fish that many don't think should be imported at all), in larger tanks (180+). Just my opinion, and I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, playing a song that doesn't go over well in this hobby, but maybe with a sensitive fish like this, we should be thinking about where it would do best, not about how it would look in our tanks. :neutral:

I totally hear yeah there Quinn, I'm starting to think the same way with this hobby in general. Especially keeping fish like puffers & boxfish that are so personable fish. I get so overwhelmed with sadness sometime thinking theses creatures should be left in the ocean where they belong. If only I lived by the ocean (where they orginate) I could set them all free...... :cry:

Quinn
09-09-2004, 10:58 PM
If we could be sure we weren't decimating wild stocks I wouldn't have a problem with any fish being in captivity, really. But we don't know, and with a fish like a cleaner wrasse, it's perhaps even more serious, because this fish serves a double purpose on the reef.

EmilyB
09-10-2004, 02:09 AM
:eek: BW, clearly I have a different species or maybe this takes many months to happen ? :confused: I've had them since June and they are never on the rock. Do you pellet feed your tank?

I have 5 or 6 different mushroom species, gsp, gorgonian, etc. that they've never touched. I can understand the xenia, as pretty much everything I own eats that weed, thank goodness. :biggrin:

I guess we'll see what happens in the long run. Thanks for the info.

bulletsworld
09-10-2004, 03:39 AM
If we could be sure we weren't decimating wild stocks I wouldn't have a problem with any fish being in captivity, really. But we don't know, and with a fish like a cleaner wrasse, it's perhaps even more serious, because this fish serves a double purpose on the reef.

I couldn't agree with you more Quinn.

EmilyB,

I have had the Chocolate chip star although (quite large) for over a year now. I also have a DSB that keeps the star on the sand bed mostly then the glass. Perhaps I have a wanderer. :lol:

I dont feed the star pellets though. What kinda pellets do you feed yours? :question:

Maybe if you keep your's filled with pellets it won't try. Mine did take a while to eat certain corals, over the course of the year.

EmilyB
09-10-2004, 04:58 AM
I have two of them and their behavior is identical. I feed shrimp pellets and spirulina pellets. When I can get the OSI stickons I do, and they plant themselves on them for a day or two.

Perhaps Trig(no-metric-functions) keeps them in line as well. :lol:

bulletsworld
09-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Well the only real way you will know what corals both your chocolate chip star will eat is to stick em in your reef and find out. Don't say I didn't warn you though. :lol: :lol:

EmilyB
09-12-2004, 04:08 AM
It's my FOWLR tank, not my reef. Now THAT would be different... :lol:

bulletsworld
09-12-2004, 04:14 AM
I was just curious as to exactly what the chocolate chip ate because I have two in my FOWLR and am adding coral.

Hmm.... they eat corals. See above for which ones I lost.

EmilyB
09-12-2004, 04:28 AM
Relax bw..... :lol: Things are going just fine. :biggrin:

Reefhawk1
09-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Hi there do you still have the fish to give away

bulletsworld
09-22-2004, 07:28 PM
:eek: Funny you ask.

The Starfish & (3) chromis are taken. BUT.....The cleaner wrasse MAY still available. The lady that was going to take the cleaner wrasse just emailed me and told me she decided she wasn't going to take em.

I'm just waiting to here back from another inquiring about if he (next in line) wants the wrasse

I will post an update later.