PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Wrasse Pairs?

Aquattro
12-07-2014, 05:03 AM
Anyone ever keep a pair of these? I'm getting a pair (finally!!) and pretty excited about it. Pretty rare from what I've read.

Doug
12-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Anyone ever keep a pair of these? I'm getting a pair (finally!!) and pretty excited about it. Pretty rare from what I've read.

Kool. How did you find them.

Aquattro
12-07-2014, 06:02 PM
They live in the display at the LFS. I've been after them for a year, offering obscene amounts of money for them. Now that the store is shutting down, I finally get them :) Lucky too, one jumped yesterday and one of the staff saw it and got her back in the tank. I might need a screen afterall.

Really cool watching them swim together, I think they'll make a great addition to the tank.

Aquattro
12-12-2014, 01:28 AM
Just added these guys to my QT tank. One went into a crevice to hide, the other went exploring. Once he figured his mate was missing, he searched her out and snuggled into the same crevice. They're both sitting in there side by side. What a cute couple.

gregzz4
12-12-2014, 03:56 AM
Kool !!!

Coral Hoarder
12-12-2014, 06:05 AM
wow cool pics?

Aquattro
12-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Once they settle into the QT tank. Hiding in a ball of slime currently :)

Skimmerking
12-13-2014, 01:11 PM
awesome Brad I loved my cleaners that I have had . mine never jumped.

Snappy
12-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Brad I have a pair and really love them, they add a cool dynamic to the reef.

Aquattro
12-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Brad I have a pair and really love them, they add a cool dynamic to the reef.

My understanding is it's really tough to pair them up. You're actually the first other pair I've heard of! We tried for over a year to build another pair at the LFS, no luck

Snappy
12-13-2014, 04:14 PM
My understanding is it's really tough to pair them up. You're actually the first other pair I've heard of! We tried for over a year to build another pair at the LFS, no luck

I guess I lucked out. I had one and then last winter I bought some fish from another reefer who was shutting his tank down. I added it to my display and it got chased around for about 2 weeks or so and then one day they just stopped fighting and seemed to paired up. They are now pretty much inseparable and get along great.