PDA

View Full Version : SPS loosing flesh from tip

mrhasan
12-03-2014, 07:28 PM
I noticed today morning that one of my sps has started to loose flesh (peeling off) from the tip. I am assuming this is due to the high alk that I had few weeks ago (brought it down). My question is, should I cut off the tips loosing flesh or just let it settle down now that the alk is in correct range.

Reef Pilot
12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
I noticed today morning that one of my sps has started to loose flesh (peeling off) from the tip. I am assuming this is due to the high alk that I had few weeks ago (brought it down). My question is, should I cut off the tips loosing flesh or just let it settle down now that the alk is in correct range.

Cut them off. I had the same thing when my alk dropped too low. The dead tips will attract algae.

mrhasan
12-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Cut them off. I had the same thing when my alk dropped too low. The dead tips will attract algae.

Thanks Walter. I have cut as many tips as I can. Hope the coral recovers soon. The favorite ones seems to always take the first bullet.

Reef Pilot
12-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks Walter. I have cut as many tips as I can. Hope the coral recovers soon. The favorite ones seems to always take the first bullet.
Yup, I know the feeling,... too well.