PDA

View Full Version : Well... that was shocking.

Richer
09-07-2004, 03:53 PM
So.. I walk down to my basement today to check on my tank, and I see that my LEDs have turned off. "Perfect" I thought, just the way to start my morning. So after a bit of jiggling, I deduced that the computer power supply running the leds and my auto topoff must have gone haywire. "No problem" I think... I'll just replace it with a powersupply from my computer parts graveyard. So just as I bend over to turn the power supply off, something sparked! I don't know what happened, but there was a time frame of about 15 minutes that I don't recall... and for some reason, I found myself on the floor. Just to finish everything off, the relay for my auto topoff fried as well. :redface: :rolleyes: :eek:

Did I learn a lesson? Oh yeah... keep that powersupply far away from water.

Oh yeah, after that incident, I found another one of my clowns sump surfing again.
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/metroopt/Aquarium/Saltwater/sumpsurfing.jpg

What a way to start my morning :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Hope the rest of you have a better start than I did :lol:

-Richer

muck
09-07-2004, 03:59 PM
:eek: Hope everythings ok...
I guess you will be putting a 20ft cord on that powersupply now... :confused:

trilinearmipmap
09-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Do you have a GFCI?

Richer
09-07-2004, 10:11 PM
I don't, but I'm going to be installing one asap.

-Richer

Beverly
09-07-2004, 10:54 PM
but there was a time frame of about 15 minutes that I don't recall... and for some reason, I found myself on the floor.

:eek: Lucky you lived to tell about it :angel:

kuatto
09-08-2004, 04:08 AM
I see I'm not the only one to who has got a good zap from electricity and salt water :redface: Mine involved opening a canister filter while still on and a wall plug :eek: threw me back about 6ft.
Glad to see your ok :eek:
PS: the clown pic is funny(he's got that "help a guy out"look :biggrin: )