PDA

View Full Version : Need an advice to decide which vertex dosing pump

htfn
11-30-2014, 08:10 AM
I can't decide Vertex Libra Dosing Pump DC Style or Stepper Style. Stepper motor one is $145 more than DC motor. I understand stepper one is precise and last longer. Is it worth to get it or DC is good enough for 120g mixed reef? If you have an any advice would be very appliciate.
Thanks

The Guy
11-30-2014, 08:52 AM
I use the BRS dosers with digital timers, very quiet, great quality and reasonable price.
Vertex are good too with the on board timer, but a lot more money.

reeferfulton
11-30-2014, 02:39 PM
i vote neither.
i have owned both models and the original ghl..the ghl was silent compared to vertex.
dc model is ridiculously loud ! steppper is still louder then ghl.
i would suggest lestning about the ghl2. or grabbing an old style on sale.
just my opinion.

htfn
11-30-2014, 04:19 PM
I use the BRS dosers with digital timers, very quiet, great quality and reasonable price.
Vertex are good too with the on board timer, but a lot more money.

Yes, I thought BRS one but 3 pumps and 3 good quality timers cost me more than couple hundred dollars. I rather to pay a little bit more to get good pump.
But thanks

htfn
11-30-2014, 04:22 PM
i vote neither.
i have owned both models and the original ghl..the ghl was silent compared to vertex.
dc model is ridiculously loud ! steppper is still louder then ghl.
i would suggest lestning about the ghl2. or grabbing an old style on sale.
just my opinion.

I never thought about GHL. I have to search about it. How this pump works? I understand this unit needs controller or smartphone. Is it easy to set up? A reason why I'm choosing Vertex is seems to be easy set up. Unit calculate dosing rate.
Oh, if your GHL motor or any parts fail then where do you get parts from? JL deal with Vertex and it's easy for me to get a parts if something fail.

The Guy
11-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Yes, I thought BRS one but 3 pumps and 3 good quality timers cost me more than couple hundred dollars. I rather to pay a little bit more to get good pump.
But thanks
The BSR pumps are medical quality "good" pumps, hence why they are "quiet".
Good luck with what ever you decide on. :thumb:

duncangweller
11-30-2014, 07:53 PM
I find the BRS pumps a little noisy but nothing major, then again I sit about 2 feet away from them.

htfn
11-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Does anyone own vertex and can share some info?

WarDog
12-01-2014, 12:36 AM
I bought a used DC Libra off tang daddy. I haven't used it for dosing yet but I have played with it. So far I am very happy with it and it doesn't appear to be overly noisy.

htfn
12-01-2014, 06:47 AM
I bought a used DC Libra off tang daddy. I haven't used it for dosing yet but I have played with it. So far I am very happy with it and it doesn't appear to be overly noisy.

Thanks for good comment. I actually like to hear it, that way I know it's working.