PDA

View Full Version : Apex Jr ?

fooman
11-29-2014, 05:42 PM
First I would like to say hello to everyone and thanks for all the great reading and tips. Okay hear we go I have a 150 gallon DT and a 100 gallon sump and run a curve 9 skimmer. I am thinking of getting an Apex and don't really have the cash for the more expensive one but I see there is a Jr Apex that looks like it might work for me . I am wondering if I go ahead and get the Jr can I slowly up grade it to the full Apex ? I know it will cost more in the long run if I can but that is the only way I can go about doing it.

Aquattro
11-29-2014, 05:44 PM
You can add most things on, and many you might not need, so if that's all you can do, then might be the way to go.

duncangweller
11-29-2014, 05:49 PM
If you can stretch to the lite then I would recommend that just so you get the energy bar 8 versus the eb4. I have the 8 and gradually filled it and now I need more outlets.

Slyguy00
11-29-2014, 05:50 PM
If you can stretch to the lite then I would recommend that just so you get the energy bar 8 versus the eb4. I have the 8 and gradually filled it and now I need more outlets.

+1

Reef Supplies
11-29-2014, 06:32 PM

discontinued :sad:

fooman
11-29-2014, 06:34 PM
It is the only way I will be able to do it right now . I just did not want to buy it and find out am not able to upgrade it as I go to the full set up .

fooman
11-29-2014, 06:35 PM
What is discontinued? The JR?

Reef Supplies
11-29-2014, 06:45 PM
What is discontinued? The JR?

The "Lite" is discontinued

duncangweller
11-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Looks like the lite has been discontinued. I just had a look in a few sites and it isn't for sale on any of them. You may still find one somewhere if you keep looking.

If it was me I would hold out and buy the full apex later on. I used timers for a couple of years before getting my apex and never had any issues. It became more useful when I started dosing and such.

Just my two-cents

fooman
11-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Thanks.

dcw1sfu
11-29-2014, 09:15 PM
It is the only way I will be able to do it right now . I just did not want to buy it and find out am not able to upgrade it as I go to the full set up .

The JR you will not be able to upgrade to the same capacity as the Apex full. The junior is limited in how many modules you can actually use with it at one time. I was going to go the same route, however found this out and went full apex and glad I did.