PDA

View Full Version : Anthias (keeping different species)

duncangweller
11-28-2014, 04:11 AM
Hi all,

My tank is looking a little bare of fishes and I would quite like to add a few anthias to the tank.

I already have a single Bartletts in there and would like to add another type of anthias into the tank. The individual Bartlett has been in the tank for around 4 months.

Is this likely to be a problem? I would like to get either a few lyretails or maybe some sunburst anthias.

Do you think the original Bartlett would have a problem if I introduced a couple more Bartletts?

Let me know of any experiences you have had or if I'm talking crazy!

Ta,
Dunc

islandcorals
11-28-2014, 06:03 AM
Hey Dunc,

Sunburst anthias would be a good addition as they stay mid to low level in the tank. As long as they are added together at the same time they will get along.

Ps. We have 4 sunburst left at our store.

Cheers.

TimT
11-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Is your tank covered? Anthias love to jump and adding a new fish could cause this.

If you only want one fish you would be safer adding a Sunburst than another Bartlett's as they occupy a different level of the tank.

Something else to consider is that Anthias are typically schooling fish. The more the merrier. How big is your tank?

duncangweller
11-28-2014, 09:00 PM
It isn't covered and its a 93 cube.

Werbo
11-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Something else to consider is that Anthias are typically schooling fish. The more the merrier
[/QUOTE]

I know they are schooling fish in the wild but I heard in the limited space of an aquarium they are like chromis and slowly kill each other off. Add a school and a year later you are left with ONE dominant SOB.

duncangweller
11-28-2014, 10:16 PM
That is something that I had worried about.