PDA

View Full Version : LF 300 gal tank

reefwithareefer
11-26-2014, 05:56 PM
I posted a reply to LMAO with pics to his request for a 150 bowfront, but thought I would put this out there for everyone. I also posted a LF ad before, but all responses were too much moola for me.

I just quit my job, so cash for a new tank is in short supply with xmas, taxes etc coming. I may have some stuff to trade. I got a box of tunze stuff. Older streams, waveboxes, controllers etc. I can get vinyl decking at wholesale, saving you 50%, I have dirtbikes and gear and I am a ticketed carpenter with 25 years experience
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 180 gal bowfront with a cabinet. It is my display tank right now, but have been wanting to upgrade to a larger one.

I would be interested in selling, but it would be a complex situation of finding a larger tank, selling/trading mine, dismanting it, swapping them out etc etc.
Let me know if anyone is interested in working out a deal. No idea how much mine is worth, maybe if you know someone with a tank that is around 250 to 300 gallons, we could work a trade or ??

I am confined to a max dimension of 30"H x 89"w x 27"d
The length can be increased 7" if the depth is decreased to 21"
Overall I can play with dimensions within an 1" or 2" with some carpentry work, but prefer not to.
The dimensions work out to be around 300 gal tank.

The 180 and cabinet are in fair to good condition. The glass has some scratches and the cabinet has some water damage on the top, but would not be noticed if tank was on it. I honestly have no idea what it is worth. I have seen asking prices of 800 to 2000 for just the tank and stand. This tank is approx 4 years old, seals all good, two corner overflows with each one having 2 bulkheads thru the bottom.

I do not need a stand or anything else, just a tank.

And no, I am not willing to trade the wife!

vanreefer
11-27-2014, 04:53 AM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109968

I've seen this tank in person and it is amazing!!! I wish I had the space...
Ryan is also great to guy to deal with... plus for 600 it's a smokin deal!!
Cheers
VR

reefwithareefer
11-27-2014, 11:20 PM
Thanks Vanreefer. Ryan did offer it up, but there is no way the dimensions would work for the existing space I have.