PDA

View Full Version : Thankful for a cover

Coralgurl
11-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Bought a Christmas wrasse today, my stupid clownfish is chasing it. The corner of my cover was slightly raised, the wrasse jumped into the emerg over flow. It's full of algae and grossness, must not have a lot of oxegyn in there as it swam back to the surface, was able to scoop him with my hand back into the tank. Hopefully everyone settles and leaves him alone soon!!

He is hiding in the corners at the top of the tank, nose up, should I be worried? I do have a sandbed.

FishingGoalie
11-22-2014, 11:48 PM
I can't believe its being chased. My christmas wrasse is probably the bossiest one and won't let me add any more wrasses :(

Coralgurl
11-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Clown, canary wrasse and blue tang are being jerks! I think he's in the sand now. He was fine when I added him, but the others noticed a new guy and it's game on. My blue tang is the second biggest jerk of the tank, besides my clown....

straightrazorguy
11-22-2014, 11:55 PM
I can't believe its being chased. My christmas wrasse is probably the bossiest one and won't let me add any more wrasses :(

I believe it. Clowns are nasty; I recently added a Kole tang who was stupid enough to wonder into the corner where my clown pair was spawning. They attacked the poor tank viciously; he has sounds on his sides and missing pieces of his fins....

Kraken
11-28-2014, 03:27 AM
Thats why you need a kraken fish box! Haha but for sure you should seperate new additions with some sort of container which helps reduce stress from bullying. You can also monitor them to check for disease etc..=) just my 2c

Coralgurl
11-28-2014, 03:32 AM
Well he also managed to jump into the main overflow as well. Caught and back in the tank he went. Hadn't seen him few a few days, but he was out today. The aggression is waning now and he's starting to venture out more.

The kraken fish box wouldn't work on my tank with the euro bracing from the looks of it.

Kraken
11-28-2014, 03:42 AM
The fishbox is convertable and comes with suction cups so it can be mounted on eurobrace. Im making a video of the different configerations =P