PDA

View Full Version : My 14G! www.manatrei.com

foginho
11-14-2014, 07:04 AM
This is hopefully a start to a video log or VLOG, as I've heard its called, about my 14GAL BIOCUBE. I was searching on Canreef for the right spot to place this and here it is. I will try my best with all the updates but check out our blog www.mantarei.com for the concept behind this "community tank"

Here is a link to the first episode of the series. Hope you enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/mantarei/videos/sort:plays/format:thumbnail

foginho
12-02-2014, 05:55 AM
Hey guys... not sure if anyone actually watches these but here is episode 2 of my tank. hope you enjoy the video

https://vimeo.com/112828046

rishu_pepper
12-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Very well done. Looking forward to episode 3 and more fishhhhhh :biggrin:

foginho
12-19-2014, 10:22 PM
It’s more than a Hobby, is the title that Ronald gave this episode, but I’m calling it, AquaBuddies.

I can’t believe we have three episodes of Aquaman! It’s kind of surreal. Ronald went and saw Thomas and Albert and they hooked him up with some more coral and some fish! Rei is very stoked about the fish. Let me introduce the five inhabitants. We have a zebra clownfish who we call either Rafael (his official name) or the black Nemo. We also have the ‘Big Nemo’ who is a large orange clownfish and three blue fish who we’ve named after some bunnies who go on an adventure in one of Rei’s stories: Wynken, Blynken and Nod. The aquarium is very cool and I love seeing Rei interact with it. The other day she was taking off the lid to the second tank (I’m not sure of what it’s called, but it’s a second tank hidden under the show tank used to filter water and put more stuff…not sure of the specifics), but Reianna was about to grab some of the little brittle star fish to show gramma. Gramma got scared she was going to wreck something and told her to stop, Rei had immediate tears, but the moral of the story is that she was excited to show Gramma and share her new little buddies. :)

This episode sees Ronald visiting Thomas and Albert and seeing their tanks. These guys have amazing tanks and have grown them and loved them to an extent that surpasses a hobby – hence the name. I’m not sure what to call salt water tank fascinations: hobby, pastime, sport, obsession, or my favourite, a girlfriend. My husband spends serious time with his tank, to the point that I’ve named her – Sandy.

‘How’s Sandy doing today?’

‘Are her levels okay?’

‘Does she need new water?’

Sandy is so high-maintenance and demands constant attention. I feel like a hobby is something you can put down when you feel like and pick it back up when you feel like it. Like badminton or painting, maybe model airplanes or stamp collecting.

People don’t normally call fish their pets, but I feel they are pets and are definitely a living part of the family. You need to feed them, water them, clean them, balance them and you need to check up on them constantly. If you have a big tank, it could be considered work, but if you love it, it’s love – pure and simple love. And that’s why a fish tank, particularly a salt water tank, is more than a hobby, it’s a beautiful woman.

https://vimeo.com/114741033

reeferfulton
12-19-2014, 10:35 PM
awesome video blog . just watched all 3 . Looks like you are meeting some great reefers over there.
look forward to the next VID .

Tn23
12-20-2014, 02:08 AM
Sweet Video Ronald. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the feature. Love it!

Slyguy00
12-20-2014, 02:25 AM
Awesome work! Tank looks great thomas