PDA

View Full Version : EmilyB

Old Guy
08-07-2002, 06:12 PM
I was just looking at Shadows twin at J&L and was wondering how yours is doing.

They are getting more in their next shipment today or tommorow of different sizes and am seriously thinking of getting one. :D

EmilyB
08-07-2002, 06:34 PM
He's an eating machine...... :D Very fiesty, typical acanthurus. Always hungry and on the move. Beautiful fish.

Old Guy
08-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Thanks Emily. Glad you are enjoying him/her. smile.gif

The tough choice was between it and a nice Chevron they have. Both came to the glass just begging for me to take them home :D

Of course there can only be one lucky tang for now.
Jeff

EmilyB
08-07-2002, 07:00 PM
I have a Chevron too. I imagine you are looking at a wee bit of price difference as well :D

Old Guy
08-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Do you have a favorite between the two?

After getting 240lbs sand and 80 lbs live rock, plus adding the skimmer :rolleyes: whats a couple bucks here or there ;)

EmilyB
08-07-2002, 08:14 PM
The Chevron is a lot like a Kole. Probably the best choice for diatomous (?) algae control. My 3 year old Kole is not good with clams.

My favorites are all the other tangs I have besides the Chevron and the Kole, hehehe, but I have kind of an obsession for tangs.

Please don't report me.... :D

Old Guy
08-07-2002, 08:45 PM
Sounds like a case of the dreaded "Tangittis" smile.gif

Don't worry, I don't converse with those damn tang police :D

Sounds like you need 2 x 120g tongue.gif cause your about 4 tangs short a full load ;)

J&L has a tang that nobody can identify. It has yellow vertical lines on its sides and looks like a ctenochaetus species but I cannot find any pictures of it any where so far.

John is threatning to take it home for his tank. I may have to buy it just to grow it up to adult stage to see how it developes. :D

I would have to hope it will get along with the double bar though which I'm set on getting. tongue.gif

EmilyB
08-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Well, I do have the 155g too..... tongue.gif Hope nobody thinks I have them all in the same tank.. :D

There was a mystery tang pic on reefs.org a while back, but the pic is gone. I wondered if it might be the same one....they said it was a
Ctenochaetus cyanocheilus.

Doug
08-08-2002, 09:48 AM
"damm tang police". Awwwwwwwwwwww :( Guess you better not converse with me, as I am a founder. :D

naesco
08-08-2002, 11:48 AM
Thank you for coming clean with this Emily.

Aquattro
08-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Deb, I think you need more tangs. I'm thinking of a school of sohals for my new tank. No more than 6 or 7 though... ;)

Old Guy
08-08-2002, 12:42 PM
I looked up the cyanocheilus on fishbase.org and that is not the mystery tang at J&L.

In fact, I looked at every type on their site and still haven't found this perticurlar tang.

Most have the stripes horizontaly whereas the stripes are vertical on this little guy.

BTW a 155g and 2x 120= a lot more tangs :D I did the math ;)

And Doug! I'm not talking to you tongue.gif

EmilyB
08-08-2002, 06:36 PM
Keep up the good work guys :D It's stuff like this that'll get me that bigger house one day tongue.gif

Doug
08-08-2002, 08:04 PM
:D

Old Guy
08-08-2002, 11:31 PM
I tracked the mystery tang to be an Acanthurus Pyroferus and what a beauty. :D
Its going to look very nice with the tennenti in my tank and is climatizeing at this very moment tongue.gif

EmilyB
08-08-2002, 11:55 PM
http://www.egri.co.uk/smileys/copcar.gif

EmilyB
08-09-2002, 12:00 AM
I've never seen an adult coloration mimic tang...thanks for sending the pic:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhadford1/Acpyr_u6.jpg

Gorgeous fish :D

Old Guy
08-09-2002, 12:05 AM
Thanks for posting it for me. smile.gif

Allen and John say that now that they know what it is they will try and get more ;)

Shall I keep an eye for you Deb :D

Its swimming around picking of the rock like he owns the place already :cool:

[ 08 August 2002, 20:18: Message edited by: Old Guy ]

TimT
08-09-2002, 02:48 AM
Hi Deb,

If you want an A. pyroferus I have one about 4" long. It is Certified Cyanide Free and from a MAC certified supplier. Email me offlist if you like.

Cheers,
Tim

EmilyB
09-15-2002, 01:16 AM
How's your double bar doing Old ??

Mine has set a record for gross out poop eating. Both the scopas and the bursa go up in the water column and he, wellllll, doesn't allow the poop to get into the water column...kinda cleans it right from the rectum....

I'll have to do a poop movie.... :rolleyes:

Old Guy
09-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Hi Deb,
Mine is the king of the tank and growing fast. Of course when you get to eat everything 2 or 3 times, this would have to be expected. :D

Sounds like the only difference is mine has mega competition from my eibli mimic which seems to donate to the common cause a lot more often. :rolleyes:

I must be lucky getting 2 nice rarer tangs that clean up after themselves. ;)

Now if only I could get them to clean the glass a little better. smile.gif

EmilyB
10-01-2002, 04:24 AM
Not to really gross everyone out but.....

...THIS IS THE ODDEST BUNCH OF FISH I have ever had to watch.. :rolleyes:

I now have the Poop Train...this is a three-some of the bursa trigger, following by an a$$hair is the db surgeon, and close in pursuit, the scopas.
A continual recycle. Good grief, I never see this in the other tank....

The db also can poop, and swim in reverse to get it all again, should the entourage be busy.

:cool: :D tongue.gif

Old Guy
10-01-2002, 10:29 AM
Well my tennetti has actually quit chasing his butt (so to speak) in the last few days smile.gif .
The mimic on the other hand has handled the slack :rolleyes: .