PDA

View Full Version : 6 line wrasse

xoticlover
11-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Ok so I know this is a bit of a sensitive subject but I really want a 6 line for my current reef tank. It will be the last fish in the tank and wondering what otheres experiences are. I have one in the past in another tank and was a model citizen and didnt bother anything but have heard horror stories. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Dearth
11-13-2014, 08:33 PM
i have a friend with a 6 line wrasse and it is pleasant to all his current fish but in the past it stressed some previous fish he had leading to their deaths. The only reason he still has the wrasse is he has 300 lbs of rock to move around in order to catch it.

The other thing is while he and his wife can put their hands in the tank anybody else who tries the wrasse immediately attacks your hand and that lil bastard hits friggen hard too.

mseepman
11-14-2014, 12:27 AM
As a general rule, 6 lines are unruly and difficult towards others in the tank. It may be your last addition...but what happens if another fish dies...and you want to top the tank back up? I have a couple through the years and all have been real a-holes. YMMV though and they are readily available. Just remember they are a tough one to catch.

mrhasan
11-14-2014, 01:34 AM
6 lines and dottybacks fight like gladiators. 8 line would be a better choice.

BuschWacker
11-14-2014, 03:11 AM
A 6 line was one of the first fish I had in my tank. He's actually been a model citizen. He's only ever flexed his muscles when I added a new fish, but it was never violent. More entertaining than anything.