PDA

View Full Version : ATI 31 watt bulbs?

The Guy
11-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know who sells ATI 31 watt bulbs? I just got a great deal on this Coralife Luminar 4 bulb x 30" 31 watt fixture. Looked on J&L's site and don't see them listed, someone must sell them. :noidea:

reefwars
11-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know who sells ATI 31 watt bulbs? I just got a great deal on this Coralife Luminar 4 bulb x 30" 31 watt fixture. Looked on J&L's site and don't see them listed, someone must sell them. :noidea:

pretty sure ati doesnt make a 31w t5 , only a 39w but i could be wrong ....ive never seen them though:)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Yup, its 39 watts for the 3'.

Myka
11-13-2014, 08:16 PM
There is real trouble with supply in Canada for ATI bulbs. Most retailers don't even bother to try because they have a hard time keeping them in stock.

Reef Supplies
11-13-2014, 09:12 PM
There is real trouble with supply in Canada for ATI bulbs. Most retailers don't even bother to try because they have a hard time keeping them in stock.

Huh? who told you that?

We carry full stock all the time. The only bulb we don't have now (in next week) is the 80W Blue Plus.

Myka
11-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Huh? who told you that?

We carry full stock all the time. The only bulb we don't have now (in next week) is the 80W Blue Plus.

Yeah? I suppose you could let the OP know who in his area stocks your bulbs then! :)

I gave up 2 years ago trying to get them. No one could keep stock...always on back order. This is last couple years? If so, that would be great. I will put in an order and see what happens. ;)

Reef Supplies
11-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Yeah? I suppose you could let the OP know who in his area stocks your bulbs then! :)

I gave up 2 years ago trying to get them. No one could keep stock...always on back order. This is last couple years? If so, that would be great. I will put in an order and see what happens. ;)

The Canadian supplier stopped supplying 2 years ago, so most stores wont cross border to get them since they have other T5 options.

With that being said, we are not the only ones who carry them in stock. You will however have better luck buying them online.

Thanks

canadianbudz604
11-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Last time I was at JL aquatics they had ati 39w bulbs

NIVLEM09
11-13-2014, 10:55 PM
The only bulbs they have backordered are the 39w true actinics and blue plus,and the rest are in stock.

reefwars
11-13-2014, 10:58 PM
if the fixture is 30" then a 39w bulb will likely not fit:)

Wheelman76
11-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Maybe it's a compact fluorescent ?

Nate
11-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Hey guys,

I work for a aquatic supply distributor.

The coralife fixture in question does in fact have a smaller bulb between 2ft and 3 ft t5's that really only coralife makes. so you will have to go that route. Should be able to order from nearly any retailer in WEstern Canada.

Also, we currently distribute ati bulbs in western canada as well. Have everything (aside from me grabbing the last case of blue plus 39 watt) in stock and have no problem getting them, aside from the cruddy dollar at the moment.

Any other questions on either brand lemme know

reefwars
11-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Hey guys,

I work for a aquatic supply distributor.

The coralife fixture in question does in fact have a smaller bulb between 2ft and 3 ft t5's that really only coralife makes. so you will have to go that route. Should be able to order from nearly any retailer in WEstern Canada.

Also, we currently distribute ati bulbs in western canada as well. Have everything (aside from me grabbing the last case of blue plus 39 watt) in stock and have no problem getting them, aside from the cruddy dollar at the moment.

Any other questions on either brand lemme know

nates the man with the inside info :)

The Guy
11-14-2014, 12:13 AM
My own fault: :redface:
I should have looked a little closer as to what bulbs it used, it looks like Coralife designed the fixture to use 31 watt Coralife 30" bulbs so your stuck using their CR***Y bulbs. Not happening!! :nono:
So I'm modding this fixture to accept 4 x 24watt ho bulbs so I have more color choice, also adding some Led stunner strips.

Nate
11-14-2014, 12:21 AM
I suppose that is one way to look at it. Or another might be to look at that fact that they are a large enough company to design a fixture for the very small market of 30 inch tank owners . I would bet money that you could fire up 24 watt with those 31 watt ballasts.

Thanks coralife!

The Guy
11-14-2014, 12:45 AM
I suppose that is one way to look at it. Or another might be to look at that fact that they are a large enough company to design a fixture for the very small market of 30 inch tank owners . I would bet money that you could fire up 24 watt with those 31 watt ballasts.

Thanks coralife!
Yes I've checked that with a friend of mine who works at an electrical wholesaler He says no problem, the ballasts in the fixture are rated at 2x 39 watts so going down to 2 x 24 watts is actually easier on the ballast and will prolong there life. It's only a problem if your trying go beyond the rated ballast rating according to him.

Nate
11-14-2014, 01:02 AM
Everybody wins!

mrhasan
11-14-2014, 01:32 AM
Had the same fixture. Had hard time finding the 30" light. I think big als and riverfront carry them.

The Guy
11-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Had the same fixture. Had hard time finding the 30" light. I think big als and riverfront carry them.
I don't have worry about getting 30" bulbs now, I modded the fixture to 4x24 watt bulbs.
Now I can use ATI's , what combinations does anyone using ATI's recommend?
I have no sps, mostly softies, zoes etc. in this 33 gallon nano fun tank. :biggrin:

mrhasan
11-14-2014, 05:40 AM
I don't have worry about getting 30" bulbs now, I modded the fixture to 4x24 watt bulbs.
Now I can use ATI's , what combinations does anyone using ATI's recommend?
I have no sps, mostly softies, zoes etc. in this 33 gallon nano fun tank. :biggrin:

Sweet :D

Well for the combo, 4 bulb is not very ideal for playing around. 50-50 white-blue will give you a nice mix (kind of like base mix: not too blue; not too white). You can try two blues 1 pink 1 white to make corals pop or two whites one blue one pink but that combination may give a reddish hue that might not look very pleasant. It should mostly be a personal choice. For white: you can either go with aquablue special (has a stronger green hue) or coral plus (has lesser green hue); coral plus would be more ideal.

P.S. when it comes to combos, its all personal opinions :mrgreen: