PDA

View Full Version : Gen-X PCX 40 Pump Question

mikeclarke
11-11-2014, 01:48 AM
Hi there,

I have a Gen-X PCX 40 Pump for my 100g tank but the flow has really decreased over the last little while. I bought it used and has been operational for 2 years. Is there anything I can do to get the flow back in terms of servicing? If it is toast, should I replace it with the same or a different pump? My sump is in the basement.

TIA!

Mike

andestang
11-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I have had one running for over 10 yrs until some heavy debris got into it and broke blades. So I would pull the volute off and check the blades for wear or some broken. I found all my blades and managed to epoxy them back on. Been running a couple months now. :biggrin: I'm still looking for a impeller for it, but they are no longer in business.

mikeclarke
11-11-2014, 06:36 PM
You might be in luck. I have three impellers and am coming to Okotoks on the weekend. I took it apart and the impellers were intact but had brown slimy stuff all over everything. Could that be the lack of performance? I haven't done any maintenance in two years. I expect my flex pvc should be unobstructed but it has been two years. Any suggestions?

andestang
11-11-2014, 06:51 PM
I would try to snake the return line just to make sure. Let me know if you do come out this way. Even though I used to live in Sparwood :twised:, but many, many yrs ago :lol: