PDA

View Full Version : New to the club and.. fish available to anyone who wants it

chrisd
09-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone,
I just recently found this site and am really excited to be here.
I was wondering if anyone would like to give a Pearl Scale Butterfly fish a good home. It is a really great fish but I am concerned about it picking at my zooanthids.
If you had a little frag of something I would take it; however, I am mostly concerned with it being in good home so it is free for anyone who wants it :smile: .

- Chris

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1195Butterfly-med.jpg

muck
09-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Welcome Chris!!!

In order to get the pic to show up, edit the link and delete the "?6491" on the end.
That is a great looking fish by the way. Wish I could take it. :frown:

chrisd
09-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Got it working now. Thanks for your help muck!

muck
09-03-2004, 02:46 PM
no prob.

kuatto
09-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Welcome :biggrin:
Real nice looking fish,too bad my tank is full of zoos.Hope you find a good home for him :smile:

Bob I
09-03-2004, 03:24 PM
I would be happy to take him, as I can put all my zoos into one tank. He might be able to get rid of some Button Polyps for me. Would a 30"X20"X20" tank be large enough. I also have a number of zoanthid frags to trade. :eek:

andestang
09-03-2004, 05:12 PM
WELCOME CHRIS :cool: Need to see pics of the whole set up :wink:

Delphinus
09-03-2004, 07:47 PM
Yes, Welcome to Canreef! :cool:

Cap'n
09-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Welcome!

Hey, if Bob decides not to take the butterfly I will gladly trade a zoo frag for it. I want a butterfly for my fish-only tank and was seriously considering a pearlscale.

Let me know how it works out.

reefhawk
09-04-2004, 01:51 AM
I could be your back up plan. Will be in Calgary next weekend, coming in to check out your retailers, mainly looking for corals. If you still have the butterfly next sunday the 12th when i am heading back i would take him.

chrisd
09-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Hi guys, just want to say thanks to everyone for replying to my post about Elanor the Pearlscale Butterfly. It's nice to see that everyone is interested and it seems there's a lot of good homes out there for her. I hope I don't insult anyone but I sent Bob a message and if he has a good tank for her then I'll probably go with him. If something should fall through then I'll definitly ask whoever's next in line. As for me I'm just new here to Canreef and didn't realize that there were so many others interested in this hobby. I'm just new to trying reefing and my equipment so far consists of a 54 gallon bowfront corner tank. Just recently I upgraded my old pc and NO lights to a 250W single metal halide which I'm going to supplement with my single 55W PC. I'll use actinics for the PC and maybe later try to find another PC to go with it as well. I'm only running a Fluval 304 and want to switch it and go with a sump but I don't have much room in the stand under my tank and I really can't put the sump anywhere else. Any ideas anyone? I have a Prism hang on protein skimmer which I find very hard to dial in but it seems to be doing ok and a hagen 802 powerhead. I have about 40lbs of live rock..being a mixture of fiji and some lfs stuff. I have brown polyps and star polyps that are not doing too good since the introduction of Elanor 4 months ago and green and red mushrooms.The greens are doing great but the reds have all shrunk up and pretty much disappeared. I also have a yellow tang, purple pseudochromis, 2 green chromis, Elanor, 2 serpent stars,a tuxedo urchin, a coral banded shrimp, emerald crab(I think he's still in there somewhere)and about a dozen blueleg hermits. My tank just recovered from a horrible bout of hair algae and that was a battle I thought I'd never win. All in all that's the setup in a nutshell.....sorry I took up half the page to describe it.....pretty big nutshell I guess :redface:. If anyone has any ideas about a half decent sump that won't be too expensive to set up please feel free to send me a message. Thanks again for the interest in Elanor and nice to meet everyone. chrisd[/i]

EmilyB
09-04-2004, 08:42 AM
You should reply to PM's. It is just a polite thing to do.... :razz:

Bob I
09-07-2004, 12:06 AM
I sent Bob a message and if he has a good tank for her then I'll probably go with him.

I have not as yet seen a message, but I still want him/her :confused:

danny zubot
09-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Welcome to Canreef Chris! Let me know if I can gelp you anymore with that whole sump thing.

Fish
09-12-2004, 04:01 PM
I can't get a ahold of Chris right now either so he's probably on a trip or something. I'm sure he'll get back to everyone when he returns.

- Chad