PDA

View Full Version : What will my crazy clown do next?

Richer
09-02-2004, 11:10 PM
So I woke up this morning to find that the pair of clowns that I bought a couple days ago (named "Ne" and "Mo" by my GF), were no longer a pair... rather, I was left with only one clown, Ne. I looked up and down the tank, in every crack and fissure I could look into... looking for a Mo, all the while expecting the worse. All the while, Ne was pacing up and down the tank looking for Mo as well (those two were always swimming together right from the beginning). However, after 30 minutes of looking in the tank and around the tank (in case Mo decided to go carpet surfing), I could not find the clown's body. This struck me as odd, since there was no life in my tank, except a couple of bristleworms and a load of pods (and Ne of course).
Alas, I ran out of time and had to run off to do some errands... with the lose of Mo always in my mind. After my errands, I came home and decided to test my water and do a water change since I figure a hidden, but decaying body, was probably fouling up the water. To my surprise, all of my tests came up as zero... ammonia zero, nitrite zero, nitrate zero. My skimmer wasn't working in overdrive neither. A shimmer of hope perhaps! Maybe Mo wasn't dead after all! Back I went at it, searching the tank for Mo... but after another 15 minutes, I came up empty handed and utterly dissapointed. Where could this clown fish be!? Could it...? Naw, it couldn't fit through the eggcrate on my overflow... or could it....? Lo and behold, just as I opened the doors to my sump, I saw a flash of orange and white... and there he was, swimming around the bubble trap portion of my sump.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/metroopt/Aquarium/Saltwater/trappedclown.jpg

After 5 minutes of trying to net this rouge clownfish, Mo was back in the main showtank swimming around with Ne. Imagine the stories Mo could tell now. :mrgreen:

-Richer

muck
09-02-2004, 11:16 PM
:lol: :lol:

Thats good... Looks like Mo's got that adventurous spirit.
Better keep both eyes on that one. :mrgreen:

Quinn
09-02-2004, 11:54 PM
I had a goby who probably spent a total of two full weeks in either my sump or overflow. Des knew a fellow in Edmonton who had a clown who never left the overflow.